• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help de bloating Rezound

ukrkoz

Jul 8, 2011
Hi folks

Samsung Droid Charge user here. I had my phone rooted maybe dozen if not more times, so far. Buddy approached me today with his new Rezound, and asked to root it for him. I said - yeah, sure, done it many times - until I read Scotty's walkthrough. THEN I said - omg, no way I am doing this. Way above my head.

He only wants to debloat his phone, rid of junk programs he has on it from VZW.

I know, TiBackup can possibly do it, not sure, if it requires root though.

Question is - is there any way to remove unwanted apps off this phone, without going into all that fortrane/pascal programming to root it? An app maybe? I tried to go into settings>manage apps - you can't uninstall anything.

Thank you

If you go to the xda Rezound development forums there is one of the top threads that is called all in one toolkit. Watch the video. It's easy as pie

edit: well unlocking the phone and installing cwm is easy.. used another one click perm root tool to root the phone.. getting a rom to work decently is a whole notha ball game..
maybe its the roms i been using or maybe im doing it wrong but I have tried 2 roms so far and they both have made my phone unusable. One of them kept giving me force close errors non-stop, and the second one keeps rebooting whenever you do ANYTHING.
*sigh*

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones