• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

rmp5s

Apr 6, 2010
I do believe I have a dead dock on my hands...

Today, I noticed my dock battery was dead after being off the charger for only about 5 hrs. Very unusual. Then, later on in the day, I noticed dual battery widget said "n/a" for the dock. Not good...

Plug it in when I get back to my room and the little light just flashes. The tablet charges (thank God), and DBW SAYS the dock is charging (lightening bolt on the empty "n/a" dock battery side) but the light just flashes while plugged in and, when I unplug it, it just says "n/a" on the empty dock battery.

Gunna suck if it is dead beings as I'm in friggin Afghanistan right now and will be until November-ish...

Any thoughts?

So...I just thought I'd pitch in another $.02 on this issue:

When I got back from my travels today, I looked at my Amazon account to see that my "return time had expired." Seeing much hassle in my future I sent Amazon a message explaining the situation.

20 min later, I get a message from them. I thought it was going to be one of those "we got your message..." auto-generated message things. It wasn't.

Pasted from the actual email: " Hello,

I'm so sorry about the problem you had with your Asus Keyboard/Docking Station. I've placed a new order for you at no charge. Here are the details:

Order Number: xxxxxxxxx
Shipping Speed: One-Day Shipping
Estimated Delivery Date: September 14

I understand that you're now in outside United States, so once you've returned back, please ship back the original item."

M..i..n..d = b..l..o..w..n...

20 min later, I have a new dock on the way, 1 day shipping and I can send the old one back when I get home. Bravo Amazon...good show. This is why they are so successful and will continue to be. As the saying goes:

"If you like my work, tell your friends...if you don't, tell me."

Buy from Amazon. They rule all.

Upvote 0
My charger and dock both died. Amazon got a new Transformer to me next working day and gave me a month to send back the old one. That's .co.uk, by the way. Actually, this is the kind of service I've almost come to take for granted from Amazon. It can be quite a shock if you have to deal with a faulty product with other companies!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones