• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deciding on Which Android Phone?

Thru my government employee discount I can get (thru Verizon) either the HTC Incredible for 0$ or the Droid X for $99. My wife and I would be getting the same phone. I've read both forums, many reviews about both till my head is swimming. So I'll approach this differently. My wife and I both would use the phone for about the same thing.

#1 - to make calls
#2 - to text, but not nearly as much as voice
#3 - wife would use it as a music device, I've already got an Ipod.
#4 - I'm technically inclinded, my wife isn't. (I do not want to spend time explaining or tryingto figure out what's wrong this time)

Given these parameters, which of the 2 phones would you suggest given the difference of $200?

Thanks

Thru my government employee discount I can get (thru Verizon) either the HTC Incredible for 0$ or the Droid X for $99. My wife and I would be getting the same phone. I've read both forums, many reviews about both till my head is swimming. So I'll approach this differently. My wife and I both would use the phone for about the same thing.

#1 - to make calls
#2 - to text, but not nearly as much as voice
#3 - wife would use it as a music device, I've already got an Ipod.
#4 - I'm technically inclinded, my wife isn't. (I do not want to spend time explaining or tryingto figure out what's wrong this time)

Given these parameters, which of the 2 phones would you suggest given the difference of $200?

Thanks

It is my personal opinion that android is a relatively simple system (except if you don't start digging like many of the people on these and other forums). It is also easy to use and it rarely crashes. I have the Evo 4g only once restarted my phone because of something was making it slow. Other than that no problems great sound, great device. The equivalent of the Evo on Varizon I think is the Droid X. I think the 200 dollars are worth the investment because people's needs change and it is better to have a device that has bigger capabilities. Tethering voice internet email good on screen texting keyboard many apps and widgets to make your life easier is good in everyone's book I believe.

Above all I suggest you go to the store and see how they feel because Droid X is a bit bigger than other phones I also am not aware how it is with the battery life (Evo does not play good with its battery that is why I have 3 batteries).

Upvote 0
I have the DINC and love it. Damn the battery life though.

Im pretty tech savvy and i find it very easy to use, and its laid out pretty solid and also the ability to move all of you icons around and make it "yours" is very nice too. I know that other Andriod phones and the iPhone offer that as well but to me this thing is awesome. My girlfriend has an iPhone4 and she wants to move over to Android now seeing as that its far superior than Apple OS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones