• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Default message app on i570EXXJD1

kingdave

Android Enthusiast
Mar 16, 2010
Manchester
Hello all,

Is it possible, using ROM i570EXXJD1 to make Handcent the default messaging app? In particular, I want Handcent to open when I click the Messaging icon on the bottom of the homescreen.

I've set it so that when I click on a conversation thread it goes to Handcent, but if I compose a message it goes through the stock app.

Right now it opens the default message app, but I want everything to go through Handcent.

Any ideas? Or can this not be done?

Thanks,

Delete Messaging icon from dock and replace with Hancent icon.

To delete, press and hold icon, then drag over to trashcan.

Then drag Handcent icon to Home screem, then drop back into dock.

Simples.

That was the first thing I tried before posting. The icon in the dock doesn't let me delete it. In fact, a long press just turns the background around the icon yellow.

Nothing else.

Any other ideas?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hello all,

Is it possible, using ROM i570EXXJD1 to make Handcent the default messaging app? In particular, I want Handcent to open when I click the Messaging icon on the bottom of the homescreen.

I've set it so that when I click on a conversation thread it goes to Handcent, but if I compose a message it goes through the stock app.

Right now it opens the default message app, but I want everything to go through Handcent.

Any ideas? Or can this not be done?

Thanks,
where i can download i570exxjd1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones