• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Delay in receiving text/sms

malania

Lurker
Sep 1, 2012
Hey guys,

I stumbled on this forum while looking for a query, answer to which I could not find.

Basically, I am looking for an app which can delay receiving sms/text or suspend these 2 apps while I'm giving a presentation.

Lets assume that there are some kids who'd love to bug me by dialing my number, only to distract me while I'm delivering a PPT. Therefore, i'm looking for an app which can allow receiving of calls/sms but keeps it at the backend, or makes a log of it, whatever.

Yes, I know - one way is to turn off my phone. But there's a catch - I'm using Unified Remote/PPT remote app to control my PPTs via my smartphone.

Hope I've made it clear enough >.<

PS: My model is - GTS5360 Galaxy Y.

PPS: Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section!

I found one way to do this -

Go into phone test menu using phone key pad.

In phone keypad enter

*#*#4636#*#*

In phone information scroll down to bottom and turn off the radio. turn on bluetooth using this method will enable file receive and send.

Can also check other information such as wifi, battery and usage static.
Tested a phone call and said "number is switched off". Bluetooth worked, received the SMS later when I enabled the radio option.

Hmm, would be nice if an app could just suspend the phone call, just like this sms and let me view it later.

You should activate flight mode BEFORE turning on bluetooth. That way, bluetooth will work even in flight mode.

Tried that bro, but It just wouldn't let me enable bluetooth again! Also tried sharing a file via bluetooth after enabling flight mode, but got a popup saying "unable to enable bluetooth in flight mode"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones