• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Deleted Media Store data now Playlists not saving & 3RD party camera applications delayed

Welp. I had given-up on support here and was going to try starting a new thread before giving-up and doing another factory reset without my SIM card in. Because having it try to download updates every time I turned-on was shit.

However! I had turned it off on Sunday since it was hot out and I was in a even hotter car for a while. Once I got to ky destination though I turned it on. I was at one of those places that has free Wi-Fi but you need to open a browser and accept their terms to use it. My S5 showed connected but in need of sign-in which did start the process to try to download software updates. I stopped it. Then I connected to Wi-Fi and the notification for the downloading updates showed again despite the process being stopped. Only it said "checking for updates" this time. And the notification went away before I could check the running processes. And the about device says it checked for updates July 31ST. But my storage went back up to 5.30GB like it was before the "software update" started. I know because I was happy after reinstalling my applications that I had so much free (I didn't reinstall 3 episodes of "The Wolf Among Us" and a few 40MB or under games. And now I can restart my S5 without the "Software Update" process/notification starting. I haven't tried entering Recovery Mode again though after last time. Screenshot_2016-07-31-20-24-09.png Screenshot_2016-07-31-20-31-28.png Screenshot_2016-07-31-20-26-38.png Screenshot_2016-07-31-23-21-36.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones