• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Deleted OS, can't get into recovery - HTC One M8

Neus

Lurker
Jul 20, 2015
As the title said, I have deleted the OS. When I boot my phone, the screen briefly shows the TWRP menu, but quickly goes away, as I cannot interact with it. Sometimes it flashes a few more times, but that's it. If I try to boot the phone, it remains stuck at the HTC boot logo. Please help!

One more thing, my volume down button isn't working.

As the title said, I have deleted the OS. When I boot my phone, the screen briefly shows the TWRP menu, but quickly goes away, as I cannot interact with it. Sometimes it flashes a few more times, but that's it. If I try to boot the phone, it remains stuck at the HTC boot logo. Please help!

One more thing, my volume down button isn't working.
You said that it almost boots into TWRP - if that's the case, it's possible you have adb long enough to boot to bootloader and apply some sort of firmware or RUU. Have you checked whether you have adb access when trying to boot to recovery? You really only need it for a second to get it to boot to bootloader.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
You said that it almost boots into TWRP - if that's the case, it's possible you have adb long enough to boot to bootloader...

Get adb here and the universal adb driver in the post after that -

http://androidforums.com/threads/adb-guide-updated-2014-11-11.443072/#post-5389081

Unzip the sdk-tools.zip file, it creates the sdk-tools folder. Install usb driver.

Shift+right_click the sdk-tools folder, choose Open command window here.

Plug phone into pc. In the command window say -

adb wait-for-device reboot bootloader

And cycle power on the phone, volume up plus power will do.

If that doesn't work when you see TWRP go by, try this as soon as you see TWRP -

adb reboot bootloader

Captain, please say if I'm wrong.

Reactions: CapThrowback
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones