• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android boot looping to Recovery Mode but not opening it

D

Deleted User

I was trying to factory reset my phone through TWRP but I couldn't, every time I tried TWRP would just crash and reboot my phone, I tried it one more time and TWRP crashed again but this time my phone booted into recovery mode, not to the system, and now it's stuck on this screen, but it's not opening it, it just shows the LENOVO logo and it says to hold the power button to reboot the phone (which brings me back to this screen). I think the system is corrupted and I don't know what to do.

a factory reset thru twrp wipes data, cache and dalvik. it should not have wipe system as it seems that is what happened. did you wipe anything else? do you have a nandroid backup? if you do you can just restore a nandroid backup. what phone do you have?
It's a Lenovo Vibe K5, or A6020.
And no, I don't have any backups. I can't even boot the phone, because as I said the phone goes to Recovery Mode but it never opens, it just gets stuck on the Lenovo logo.
I can't connect the phone to the PC either, Windows detects the phone but I can't do anything with it.

Upvote 0
Go into fastboot mode (or download mode, either way it's part of the bootloader) and you can use fastboot (app you install on a computer) to flash a TWRP image. Obviously it must be the right image for your phone!

The other option is to reflash with stock software, though if you do that it will overwrite both TWRP and any custom ROM you installed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones