• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto G Pure boot loop

Dave012345678910

Oct 28, 2023
The Pure suddenly started doing a boot loop. I don"t know why. I was using a website and there was that thing about shutting it off or rebooting. I got rid of that or maybe not. Now it just keeos doing that same short loop. How do I get it to stop? I tried holding that button in as hard as I could. I also unplugged it because if it runs out of energy it will probably stop. Please don't say to use a computer because that most likely won't happen. Is it true that Motos have a big problem with that?

sounds like you corrupted your system partition. moto has a utility that might fix your issue.

most likely you will need to reflash the firmware. i am not very familiar with moto so i can't help you fully. the rescue and smart assistant should be able to flash a new firmware....i think.

Upvote 0
It's back on but I don't trust it. The phone quit looping after about a couple hours. Now it seems to be working although it doesn't charge. I left it unplugged for a while and cleaned the charger tip with distilled water again. I plugged it in but it got hot (the charger cord) and it's showing that weird message about charging a connected device (none). I guess it's just a bad idea to buy a phone from Walmart.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
It's back on but I don't trust it. The phone quit looping after about a couple hours. Now it seems to be working although it doesn't charge. I left it unplugged for a while and cleaned the charger tip with distilled water again. I plugged it in but it got hot (the charger cord) and it's showing that weird message about charging a connected device (none). I guess it's just a bad idea to buy a phone from Walmart.
with technology.....you get what you pay for. buy a cheap phone, you get a cheap phone......which is why i always save up and buy flagship phones. never had any issues like yours.

yeah i would either look to get it repaired. hopefully you have some kind of insurance or warranty for it. if not then maybe getting a new phone would be cheaper than getting it fixed. now is a good time to get a new phone with Xmas right around the corner, there are bound to be some really good deals.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just remember that stuff on SD isn't safe: the card may fail (more likely to do so than internal storage, though from your experience so far probably less likely to do so than this phone!), and if you lose the phone the card is gone too. So anything important that's on there you should back up somewhere else as well.

I'm just emphasising these things because of the number of people over the years who have come here asking for help recovering data they didn't have a backup of, which means that the moment I read "at least I've put most of the stuff on SD" I feel obliged to warn you that that doesn't mean it's safe. Also in case you don't know, any apps that are moved to SD won't work on another phone you put the SD card in: if you have not formatted the card as internal storage only part of the app is moved, and if you have formatted the card as internal it will be encrypted so no other device can read it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones