deleting a widget icon from the menu.

Last Updated: 2013-03-21 00:03:33
  1. trogenator

trogenator New Member

I am having issues with a wodget. I have uninstalled an app, yet its widget is still cluttering up my widget menu. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

My phone is a Samsung Exobit 2 4G running 2.3.5 and it is rooted.

Thanks
    Trog

Advertisement
  2. uknow

uknow Well-Known Member

If ur rooted and already uninstalled the widget app turn off phone boot into cwm and clear.both ceach and devik if not rooted hold down on the widget on home screen drag to the trash can and got to setting to make sure you uninstalled it if that does not fix the problem I think a master reset may be needed
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Hello and welcome Trogenator. :)

Could you tell us what the widget is? Sometimes apps with widgets will install both with one .apk, but you have to uninstall them separately. And if you have the widget active at the time you remove it, you may have to reboot the phone to completely clear it out.
  4. trogenator

trogenator New Member

It is Traffic Light Changer by attica. It is for an older version of the app. thought it was stupid, removed app yet the widget icon still shows up. Is there a way I can manually delete it?

Thanks
  5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

If you want to uninstall it, go to menu>settings>applications and see if you see it listed. If so, tap on it and uninstall will be an option.

If you only want it off your home screen, simply long-press the widget and the trash can will pop up at the top or bottom of your screen. drag it there.