• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Deleting bloatware

briefly looked for some info for ya about what device specific apps/bloatware would be safe to remove... here's a spreadsheat for samsung specific apps you are able to remove without causing any issues.

---> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ZzBfWlR4MC03aDMyZ1BDUFNqU0E&usp=sharing#gid=0

(as it's not specifically for the tab 3 , there may be some other apps on there that aren't on your device or vice-versa) but there are definitely some common apps you can remove. make a backup before you start deleting stuff just in case.

good luck!

Upvote 0
It is worth noting that some apps, even if you don’t use/want them, could be used by your system, so it is important not to just start removing apps. Please also note that if it is safe to remove apps for one device, it doesn't necessarily mean that the app is safe to remove for ALL devices. It really depends on the services provided by the app as specified by the particular ROM/build. More importantly, system apps are not easily re-storable like simply installing an .apk file. And once deleted, even a factory reset will not recover them. You will have to locate and flash a stock ROM image to get them back.

One option in Titanium Backup allows you to freeze apps – I would suggest that you do this initially, as you can always unfreeze the app if you notice that you are experiencing any issues. If, once apps are frozen, your phone is behaving normally, then you can look to removing them. It would be a good idea to freeze apps individually, so that you will notice if each one affects your phone adversely.

EDIT - looks like KJohns got in there while I was typing :eek:

Upvote 0
Despite being a fan of vanilla Android, I got a Tab 3 8 today and it's a nice piece of kit, but TouchWiz looks a bit rubbish and cheapens the Android experience for me and there is way too much junk baked into the Samsung ROM.

It's too early to root, so I will disable as much as possible to stop the Play store prompting for updates.

Upvote 0
briefly looked for some info for ya about what device specific apps/bloatware would be safe to remove... here's a spreadsheat for samsung specific apps you are able to remove without causing any issues.

---> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ZzBfWlR4MC03aDMyZ1BDUFNqU0E&usp=sharing#gid=0

(as it's not specifically for the tab 3 , there may be some other apps on there that aren't on your device or vice-versa) but there are definitely some common apps you can remove. make a backup before you start deleting stuff just in case.

good luck!

Hello i justed rooted my tab 3 10.1 and have installed several new apps to help explore and manage but i have noticed a signifigant increase in system useage both ram and processor and am tring to figure out what i need, as far as system, i would like to bare bones it, then rebuold it. All i honestly do is goof off and play clash of clans but i want a secure fast device. Any ideas? Apps, list of removable bloatware or any how to dummy guides lol?

Upvote 0
Under the system/apps folder you will see a multitude of .apk files . I'd just google the name of a specific .apk to see if it safe to remove or not. And definitely make backups before you delete anything. (I always copy the .apk file and save it to my computer before I delete just in case it causes problems or I need it later.) Good luck , I'll be lurking if u need further help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones