• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Deleting user account on Youtube app

Same problem...it automatically links to an old youtube account that I never use and would like a way to change it and link it to my google log in.

Go to:

Menu > Settings > Accounts & sync > Click Youtube Account

On the bottom it should say Remove Account."

Tried this and it doesn't say anything about removing an account.

Upvote 0
The steps reported above are correct but a bit more information was needed, because it can be misleading. For reference, my phone is the Droid X variant of Android.

Go to: Settings > Accounts

Within this screen you should be able to identify your YouTube account. Mine was <username>@youtube.com.

Long Press on the account you wish to remove.

A pop-up appears with only one option, "Open Account"

Click on "Open Account" (this is likely where many people get confused; "I don't want to open the account, I just want to delete it!" Trust me, this is where you need to go)

The next screen that appears now shows a "Remove Account" button at the bottom. Click "Remove Account" and acknowledge the "are you sure" pop-up.

Account has now been removed and will not automatically appear next time you access the app.:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones