• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire Backup?

urnext

Lurker
Sep 7, 2010
Hi there,

Im new to the whole HTC desire thing, so I'm really confused as to how this works. I'm on O2 UK by the way.

I would like to do a whole backup of the phone and messages, apps, music etc.

I see that on the phone there is an option to do Auto backup to the SD card, which I have just ticked. My question on is is that..how long does it take to backup, and when does this happen? As I have had no messages to tell me if this is working.

Also, is there a way to manually backup the same data, using an app or something like that?

I'm kinda confused by the whole thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

My backup pro does a good job pm messages apps and settings. Autobackup just keeps a backup incase you do a factory reset. It should restore everything as was but its flaky.

The best backup solutions are only available to root users (who have rooted their phones) because you can then use nandroid to take a snapshot of your phone, including the OS.

I would recommend you get the mybackup 30 day free trial though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones