• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire crash

tom.tom

Lurker
Jan 24, 2011
Hi folks

Noob here btw, had my desire about 6 months and its been generally ok until the other day. Just wandering if this has happened to anyone else or can someone give any reasons why.. after clearing down the internet history I powered off the phone, but instead of it turning off it displayed some code type stuff, and at the very bottom of the screen were 3 animated green androids :thinking: the phone then reverted back to factory default and some numbers and text whcih were saved to the phone are now gone.

The only other issue is over the past few weeks there has been an intermittan issue of the screen not being responsive to touch when selecting an icon or when typing a txt. Turning off and back on seem to fix it

- Is there anyway of retreaving these (Im guessing not :rolleyes:)
- Does anyone know what may have caused the phone to crash

Thanks in advance
Tom

Hi folks

Noob here btw, had my desire about 6 months and its been generally ok until the other day. Just wandering if this has happened to anyone else or can someone give any reasons why.. after clearing down the internet history I powered off the phone, but instead of it turning off it displayed some code type stuff, and at the very bottom of the screen were 3 animated green androids :thinking: the phone then reverted back to factory default and some numbers and text whcih were saved to the phone are now gone.

The only other issue is over the past few weeks there has been an intermittan issue of the screen not being responsive to touch when selecting an icon or when typing a txt. Turning off and back on seem to fix it

- Is there anyway of retreaving these (Im guessing not :rolleyes:)
- Does anyone know what may have caused the phone to crash

Thanks in advance
Tom

Well it certainly sounds like you booted into hboot. Could you by any chance powered up your phone with volume down pressed? This boots your phone into recovery and shows the skateboarding droids like the one my avatar.
Did you press anything in this option as its here you get the decision to wipe all data and restore to factory settings. And I'm afraid if you haven't done any backups its all gone and you're starting from fresh.
I've never come accross a phone just crashing then booting into recovery then wiping automatically. I might very well be wrong. Could have been a virus for all I know if it was anything to do with the fact you were clearing your internet settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones