• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Desire HD Unlocked bootloader, rooted and s on

benjapos

Lurker
Jun 12, 2014
HI Guys

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I have

unlocked the bootloader, via htcdev
rooted using quick root
flashed the recovery using windroid (TWRP)

Would someone be able to guide me on or point me to a step by step.

using TWRP - Once I have wiped cache, and flashed the CM rom and flashed google apps. I understand I need to flash the boot.img... my question is how. Can I do that via TWRP ?

*****UNLOCKED*****
ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT- 2.00.0029
MICROP- 0438
RADIO -26.14.04.28_M
eMMC-boot
DEC 22 2011, 14:28:19

I understand I need to flash the boot.img... my question is how. Can I do that via TWRP ?

you cannot. youll need to put the boot image into your fastboot directory,palce the phone in fastboot,and use the command:

fastboot flash boot bootimagename.img

assuming it to be simply name "boot":
fastboot flash boot boot.img

you will have to do this every time you want to flash a new rom,or restore a backup.

s on rom flashing is a PITA. id pretty strongly recomend to become s off if you wish to play around with different roms on your DHD.it will make your life much eaiser,and make recovery of soft bricks easier as well

http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-...-s-off-simunlock-supercid-inspire-4g-dhd.html

holler if youh ave questions :)

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones