• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire or wait for Incredible

Gwynn

Apr 12, 2010
Hey all,

Long time visitor, first time poster. Would like to pose a question to you all. Currently in Australia I've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the HTC Desire to these shores on 27 April. However the specs of the Incredible have caught my attention as it appears to have a much better multimedia capability than the Desire eg the 8MP camera and rumoured ability to be able to video in 720p.

I'm really torn, even though there's still two weeks till the Desire's official launch, which leaves plenty of time to see if the Incredible does finally get announced overseas, should I hold off and wait to see what the Incredible is fully capable of, or is the extra power in the camera not worth the wait?

Aside from the powered up camera - what does make the Incredible much better than the Desire I guess is my main area of interest. As if I decide to wait for the Incredible I'll probably have to figure out where to order it from overseas too.

Cheers,

Gwynn

My contract was up back in january but had to wait till april for the desire,im glad i got it now but at the time of looking i also came across the samsung galaxy S due for release in the summer, the trouble is you'll wait till the summer only to be told theres a hitch and the release is delayed THEN you'll see HTC has another better phone coming out in winter so do you decide to wait again???

I just took the plunge, no good waiting for the next BIG phone as you'll never get one, theres always slightly better on the horizon.

Upvote 0
My contract was up back in january but had to wait till april for the desire,im glad i got it now but at the time of looking i also came across the samsung galaxy S due for release in the summer....

If anyone considers to buy an samsung phone...DON'T...at least take a look in galaxy/i7500 topic first. You will find that 95% of the users are unhappy or very unhappy with their phones (I'm one of them).

Upvote 0
if the cam is the only thing your holding out for then i wouldnt wait. i think the cam on my desire is awesome im really impressed with. 720p recording would be nice also but for me its not something i would be to fussed about. im so impressed with this phone a massive improvement over the hero and g1

I believe the Desire will get HD recording and Divx playback in a coming release :D

Upvote 0
I've been following both phones to an extent. As far as I can tell the differences are very minimal. The Desire has 64MB more RAM while the Incredible has a better camera. I've seen the Incredible listed as having 8GB built in storage but I'm willing to bet that it just comes with an 8GB microSD card. So really it's just a matter of styling and if you want the slightly better camera as I don't think the Desire's additional RAM will make any real difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones