Desire or wait for Incredible

Last Updated:

1. Gwynn

Gwynn Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

Long time visitor, first time poster. Would like to pose a question to you all. Currently in Australia I've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the HTC Desire to these shores on 27 April. However the specs of the Incredible have caught my attention as it appears to have a much better multimedia capability than the Desire eg the 8MP camera and rumoured ability to be able to video in 720p.

I'm really torn, even though there's still two weeks till the Desire's official launch, which leaves plenty of time to see if the Incredible does finally get announced overseas, should I hold off and wait to see what the Incredible is fully capable of, or is the extra power in the camera not worth the wait?

Aside from the powered up camera - what does make the Incredible much better than the Desire I guess is my main area of interest. As if I decide to wait for the Incredible I'll probably have to figure out where to order it from overseas too.

Cheers,

Gwynn

Advertisement
  2. madnlooney

madnlooney Well-Known Member

ive not seen the info on incredible, but i find theres always going to be a newer 'better' phone announced for future dates. You could hold out for the incredible and then HTC annouce there next line of phones putting you in the same dilemma

3. Gwynn

That is definately a consideration that has been playing round in my mind, especially if the main thing seperating the Incredible from the Desire is just the camera (though some more ROM would be good, however that might be settled by Google releasing updated software).

4. Doink

Doink Active Member

My contract was up back in january but had to wait till april for the desire,im glad i got it now but at the time of looking i also came across the samsung galaxy S due for release in the summer, the trouble is you'll wait till the summer only to be told theres a hitch and the release is delayed THEN you'll see HTC has another better phone coming out in winter so do you decide to wait again???

I just took the plunge, no good waiting for the next BIG phone as you'll never get one, theres always slightly better on the horizon.

5. biggdaniell

biggdaniell Well-Known Member

If anyone considers to buy an samsung phone...DON'T...at least take a look in galaxy/i7500 topic first. You will find that 95% of the users are unhappy or very unhappy with their phones (I'm one of them).

6. Doink

Doink Active Member

But the galaxy 'S' isnt out yet so who can have problems with it lol!

7. biggdaniell

biggdaniell Well-Known Member

I said "an samsung phone"...that means in general.

8. photon00

photon00 Well-Known Member

I also get the impression that the Incredible is a Verizon specific phone. You may not see this phone in Australia or anywhere else for that matter, A little like the Droid Eris. I'm guessing the specs on the incredible won't be that different from the Nexus/Desire.

9. Gwynn

From what I've seen so far it seems like the main difference is essentially in the camera, which isn't a deal breaker for me at the end of the day, so looks like I'll be getting the Desire at the end of the month once it's released into the wild!

10. nekromantik

nekromantik Well-Known Member

Incredible is US only atm and its just a 8MP version of desire with 8GB mem which is what I want more then the cam.*

11. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

As well as being able to record in 720p or that is the rumor.
    And those of us in the States are still waiting on the desire.

12. Gwynn

Is the 8GB of memory ROM, or just the SD card? May all become a pointless discussion though should Google update Android to allow apps onto the SD card without rooting.

13. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

Do not think we know. It just says 8gb of internal memory. How it is allocated or if it will be able to be allocated as we see fit I guess will come with time.

14. stewalker

stewalker Member

if the cam is the only thing your holding out for then i wouldnt wait. i think the cam on my desire is awesome im really impressed with. 720p recording would be nice also but for me its not something i would be to fussed about. im so impressed with this phone a massive improvement over the hero and g1

15. jaspabt1

jaspabt1 Well-Known Member

I believe the Desire will get HD recording and Divx playback in a coming release :D

16. Ambictus

Ambictus Well-Known Member

I've been following both phones to an extent. As far as I can tell the differences are very minimal. The Desire has 64MB more RAM while the Incredible has a better camera. I've seen the Incredible listed as having 8GB built in storage but I'm willing to bet that it just comes with an 8GB microSD card. So really it's just a matter of styling and if you want the slightly better camera as I don't think the Desire's additional RAM will make any real difference.

17. Smg

Smg Well-Known Member

If you want a good camera get the Sony X10, It probably won't be too long before it catches up on versions of Android and a Sony Cam is always gonna be better than a HTC one.

If your not bothered about camera's i would get the Desire now.