• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire Z stuck on T-mobile

helijohn

Oct 10, 2011
I just sent back my brand new unlocked sim free Desire Z because it was apparently in reality a Hong Kong T-mobile phone and so would not allow me to use my talkmobile simcard. The problem was made worse by the fact it seemed not to be a UK model so I was wondering if I bought a used Desire Z that was UK purchased when new but locked to Orange if that, when unlocked, would work on talkmobile?

You'd need to enter the APN settings for talkmobile, but other than that, I shouldn't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Did all that - this sort of thing. Even had the Carphone Warehouse man do it:
Proxy:212.183.137.012
Port: 8799
Username: wap
Password: wap
Server:
MMSC: http://mms.talkmobile.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: 212.183.137.012
MMS Port: 8799

He was amazed how it went to T-mobile. Even had an unlocker man do it......ditto. All said it was a T-mobile that was unlocked.:D:D

Nobody could understand it; the unlock man said it needed flashing and he would not do it to a new phone. Hence, they had the phone back.;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones