• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dialer battery drain

Spazbite

Lurker
Jun 3, 2014
Hello all! Obviously I am new to this forum, and I hate to open with a tech question, but here goes:

I have a SCH-i500 that was through US Cellular, and I have a major problem with the dialer causing serious battery drain. I had this problem before (had to do a hard reset), and I had found a solution at that time, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was, nor can I find any info on the subject unless it's related to HTC phones. I also remember that the screen randomly flashing on while locked is related. The dialer is causing some sort of a wake-lock and persistent CPU usage. Now, my dialer battery usage cannot be blamed on the length and number of calls I make, because this phone is not in service. It is an old phone I use for accessing WiFi, and as a GPS speedometer for my motorcycle. So there are NO calls being placed on it whatsoever, since I have seen that used as an explanation for the battery drain almost every time I have come across this issue somewhere on the internet. If anyone has any ideas how I can force-uninstall the dialer completely, or at least disable it somehow, I would be eternally grateful. I know this problem can be resolved, as I have done it before as mentioned earlier. Someone has to know! :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones