Dialing Delay

1. rritter

rritter Well-Known Member

Dialing Delay
    My Straight Talk Samsung Proclaim on Verizon is experiencing a 27 to 28 second delay before connecting to the dialed phone. Straight Talk replaced my phone but the new phone is now doing the same thing. Anyone know how to correct this or has had this problem corrected by Verizon?

Advertisement
    :
  2. A bit late, but in another thread someplace else, it was suggested to update the PRL and Profile. I updated just the PRL and all of a sudden there was no delay. Yes, it's possible it was a coincidence, but I got a 20-sec delay every time just now, and I updated the PRL and for several times there was no delay. Worth a try.
    Settings | About Phone | System Updates | Update PRL

Oh, I see, you have a different phone type, but it might work anyway. Mine is a Moto Photon MB855 running Android 2.3.5 and not rooted.
  3. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Well-Known Member

The PRL is like "DNS" in the computer world. If the phone knows "where to call first to get a server" right off from an internal list, that shortens the time required to bring up your call.

If it does not, then it has to query the carrier's server for a link, that takes a bit as you already know.
    MacroDroid senses Screen off, turns Wifi & Data OFF
    MacroDroid senses Screen on, turns WiFi & Data ON
  4. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Well-Known Member

an update to this, on Verizon you can dial *228 and your phone will update the PRL list.

I have my calendar program send me a text to do that once a month... and have done so 10 years.

however, I was talking to a Customer Tech Rep upper tier last week, and he said the new generation of smartphones now do that periodically anyway.
    MacroDroid senses Screen off, turns Wifi & Data OFF
    MacroDroid senses Screen on, turns WiFi & Data ON