• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dialing Numbers Getting Contacts?

eLMo

Lurker
Dec 12, 2008
Hey guys, something has been killing me. On my old blackberry and my HTC Wizard I would dial a number and would get contacts for example "323" and "Dad" would pop up. It is quite a pain in the ass to dial the whole number or look for the contacts while your driving. Am I missing something here?

As far as I know this only works when you use the keyboard. Hopefully when the full screen KB comes, this option will present itself, but I would just try to utilize 5 or 6 favorites under contacts. If you only have a handfull of people you need to contact that frequently (or while driving), Contacts > Favorites > LongPress > Dial.

Or create a folder on your desktop called Contacts and then use ANYCUT to create Direct Dial shortcuts for your contacts.

While there's no option for what you're looking for, I think there's more innovative options there. Longpress on desktop > Shortcut > Anycut > Direct Call > Choose Contact > Drag to Contacts folder....money.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones