• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dialling 'after' a call is connected

McGilli

Mar 21, 2012
Ok, I cannot figure this out, so maybe there is something I am not doing correctly...

When I call a business, the kind that has an automated system where you need to press numbers to go to different departments etc - it never works.

I dial, and connect to the business.

Then when I am asked to press (for example) "2 for customer service"

I hold the phone away from my head, when the screen comes on i press the keypad button, and press 2.

but then it doesn't register, and any number I press just starts lining up like I am dialling another phone number to make a call.

Hope this makes sense...

What happens is I eventually just try any number, none work, and then I get a message saying that since I am not calling from a touch tone phone, they will connect me to someone that can assist me.

Now, this has happened with 3 different companies I deal with... frustrating...

Am I not doing something correct?

No, it's a hideous flaw I believe..

I have a bluetooth headset so have seen this in more detail. Basically you cannot let the screen go blank on the call. The pad that is initially present work for touch tone options. If you loose that and have to bring up the dialing pad it does put the number up on screen.

It does occur to me that you may be able to press the number then send but that would be really annoying.

I remember when my headset was not charged and i was trying to call Three. They just cut you off if you don't press anything.

Reactions: McGilli
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones