• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dictionary?

Susanbee749

Nov 11, 2019
I found the personal dictionary in the settings on my Samsung Galaxy S10e phone but I can't find it on the Samsung Tab S6 Lite. Does such a thing exist? I just want to add words that I use regularly that the email doesn't recognize, which is very annoying.
Appreciate any advice.

I found the personal dictionary in the settings on my Samsung Galaxy S10e phone but I can't find it on the Samsung Tab S6 Lite. Does such a thing exist? I just want to add words that I use regularly that the email doesn't recognize, which is very annoying.
Appreciate any advice.
my z fold 4 does not have a "personal dictionary", but fortunately there are plenty of dictionary apps that you can download in the play store.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Which version of Android is your Tab 6 Lite running? Odds are the Personal Dictionary menu option is just buried in a different location than on your S10e.
Just looking at a OnePlus phone running 12 in front of me, in Settings >> Keyboard & input method >> Personal dictionary. Samsung alters its Settings menu options in a lot of subtle ways so you might need to just look deeper in the Settings menu. Could be in a contextual menu, or some other type of sub-menu (i.e. in the upper or lower menu bar, there might be a gear icon, or three vertical dot icon, or three horizontal line icon).
Or just open the Settings menu and in the upper search bar do a search for 'dictionary' and that might show you where it's located.

Which keyboard app you using? There could also be a dictionary in the app's Settings/Options/Preferences menu.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones