1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Did update to 2.3 off telus website bricked phoneSupport

1. Calvin1982

Calvin1982 Member

Hey Guys!
    need some help here.. I did the update to the newest version of android off the telus website for my LG SHINE Plus and it failed part way thru i have tried various ways like the home+volume down+power and all i get is LG logo screen then the phone goes to a Yellow/white page with Emergency Mode! and wont do anything.. any help i installed usb drives and phone will not even recognize as being plugged in, used the bricked phone guide and nothing... please help :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. karendar

karendar Well-Known Member

Hey,

The foolproof guide should work... Might possibly be a driver issue stopping you from doing it. Try this:

Uninstall LG drivers (Add remove programs)
    Reinstall LG drivers from LG update tool or use this link as a walkthrough:
    LG Shine Plus?
  3. Calvin1982

Calvin1982 Member

my phone wont even come on now... i think it totally bricked tried to charge it nothing.. any ideas?
  4. sinner99

sinner99 New Member

me too. ran lg updater, stuck in emergency, made the mistake of pulling battery. now nothing, no power, no nothing. anyone have a fix for this?
  5. karendar

karendar Well-Known Member

If doing the hold 1 + plug in USB cable doesn't work, not much you can do... The LG updater must have gotten stuck while upgrading the bootloader, which bricks the phone... Sadly, I haven't had the possibility of trying to fix this issue. There might be a JTAG solution (Flashing the device with a physical JTAG box, implies soldering box onto phone's internal circuitry) but you'd have to bring it to a cellphone repair shop. If it's still under warranty, get it repaired... Otherwise, JTAG might be your only avenue to explore. :|