difference in email between evo and bb

Last Updated:

1. weaim2pleez

weaim2pleez Member This Topic's Starter

i've used a blackberry curve for the past couple of years and was thinking of switching to the evo when it came out. my question is I havent a clue how the htc will handle email and was wondering how it handles it compared to a blackberry

Advertisement
  2. Norril

Norril Well-Known Member

It realy isn't a question of Evo vs BB, but Android vs BB. Android OS can handle Exchange email just fine, but there are some definate limitations, at least there were in Android 2.0. You can't search exchange email. I suspect that will get fixed in later versions of Android and I am hoping in 2.1 it will.

BB is the best business phone period. However, I am seeing more and more key business features in Android now, so I will be making the move to Evo this summer. Does your company use Citrix? Check with your IT dept and see if they do. If so, ask them if they deliver Outlook over Citrix. If so, then you can probably talk them into letting you run Citrix on your Evo and get the full Outlook right on your phone, which is better than you can do with BB.

I hope this helps and if you need more info when the time comes, just PM me.

jgangsta likes this.
  3. weaim2pleez

can the email be filtered on an android? that would be a must needed feature because i really wouldnt want all emails being sent to my phone, i like being able to filter them to a bb

4. LatinP

LatinP Well-Known Member

Download Moxier Mail from the Android market, it supports exchange and e-mails can be filtered I believe. And it can also search.

moxier.com | Robust Software for Productive People

5. weaim2pleez

hmm, i'm thinking i may just want to stick with the bb since i usually my phone mostly for making calls and emails/texting...plus i already have an ipod for surfin/music

6. weaim2pleez

is there any way to filter email to an android such as the htc evo without using microsoft exchange? for example simply setting up a pop3 account and having only emails from a certain few senders sent to my android phone or is this not possible and only possibly on a blackberry?

7. stroths

stroths Well-Known Member

The forwarding really depends on your mail server setup. For example, I ran my own Exchange server for a while and it had the capability to filter and forward emails. I moved my domain to Google Apps and if I wanted, I could setup filters to forward certain emails to another account that my phone checked. I could also setup the filters to send the messages to a specific folder and use the phone to imap that folder.

I am not sure if that helps, but I hope it gives you some ideas to think about.