• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

difference in email between evo and bb

It realy isn't a question of Evo vs BB, but Android vs BB. Android OS can handle Exchange email just fine, but there are some definate limitations, at least there were in Android 2.0. You can't search exchange email. I suspect that will get fixed in later versions of Android and I am hoping in 2.1 it will.

BB is the best business phone period. However, I am seeing more and more key business features in Android now, so I will be making the move to Evo this summer. Does your company use Citrix? Check with your IT dept and see if they do. If so, ask them if they deliver Outlook over Citrix. If so, then you can probably talk them into letting you run Citrix on your Evo and get the full Outlook right on your phone, which is better than you can do with BB.

I hope this helps and if you need more info when the time comes, just PM me.

Reactions: jgangsta
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The forwarding really depends on your mail server setup. For example, I ran my own Exchange server for a while and it had the capability to filter and forward emails. I moved my domain to Google Apps and if I wanted, I could setup filters to forward certain emails to another account that my phone checked. I could also setup the filters to send the messages to a specific folder and use the phone to imap that folder.

I am not sure if that helps, but I hope it gives you some ideas to think about.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones