different keyboards with rogers magicSupport

Last Updated:

1. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,
    Have any of you managed to get any other keyboards to work with your rogers magic? I've been trying a couple(bigkeys, handcent keyboard) because I heard they may be less laggy. However, I just get the same keyboard as before. I go to settings > locale & text and then select the bigkeys or whatever but it doesn't change anything. Do I need to disable the standard keyboard somehow? I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sam

Advertisement
  2. rumit579

rumit579 Member

the keyboard will look the same is you have bigkeys on it. but it will preform better. i use big keys and my keyboard looks the same but is much more responsive than the default. there is no visual change it just goves it a preformance boost

3. samuelmaskell

Ah well that's good to know. I'm still pretty sure it's not working though. If I go into the bigkeys settings, half the settings are greyed out and if I change the settings that aren't, it doesn't do anything. Also, it doesn't seem any more responsive.

Thanks for your help though,
    Sam

4. rsquigley

rsquigley Member

I've also tried to use better keyboard on my rogers magic and have found the same issue. No matter what I do it won't change. Also I had a Rogers dream for 2 weeks and preferred the keyboard that I installed via the directions I found somewhere.......but I don't think that they'll work either.

5. rsquigley

rsquigley Member

Ok i figured it out!! All you need to do is long press your text input box, like google search, it will ask you to select input, check big keys, and it will work. Hope this helps

6. samuelmaskell

oh nice! thank you. it's working now except those options are still greyed out which means I can't select auto-correct.. any ideas? I'll send an email to the dev I guess