Differnt ICS kernel dev?

1. dspl1236

dspl1236 Well-Known Member

I am happy what tdm and all the devs here have accomplished. cm9 prior to vzw release ics and now i see cm10 being developed!

I wish i knew more, but i feel we are all operating on a broken kernel. the leaked v7_05 was the most stable ics rom i have used to date. I get so many reboots on everyone roms here its driving me nuts. the only thing that is the same it seems is the tdm kernel.

the relased vzw ics reboots me all the time. Ispectrum off the bat reboots. eclipse a3 is smooth but bootloops. icy fusion 3.6 was not bad, but has reboot fits trying to text. slimdroid reboots instantly. CM9 is better but still reboots, but i cant use it due to the lack of data and mms.

all of our roms have 1 major thing in common and its the kernel. i need an undervolted one...anything different then the one we currently have.

this is causing so much grief i almost pitched my phone onto the highway today. anther time i was trying to send a text message...took me 30 min and countless reboots. wanted to break it in half then. :(

GB roms worked flawless for me....almost makes me want a damn iphone. my work lg lucid on a rooted ics....never once has it rebooted and it goes days without charging.

Advertisement
  2. phillip_viado

phillip_viado Well-Known Member

your spectrum is defiantly defective. I tried all the roms you said on the the post and not 1 reboot for me.
    dspl1236 likes this.
  3. dspl1236

i keep thinking that, the last few weeks its been so frustrating i haven't wanted to even talk to vzw. this is a refurbed phone already. my first one made it 2 weeks and had dead pixels.
  4. dspl1236

vzw was very kind and no questions asked.... are sending a replacement.

smoothest vzw call to date....:call2: :shot:
  5. reeseboy

reeseboy Well-Known Member

Same here...
    Glad to hear! Enjoy it again when the next comes in.
  6. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Well-Known Member

definitely sounds like a defective phone. Unlucky you keep getting bad ones :p I'm still on my first I've had since last march.

I've been on alpha 3 eclipse since it was released and have had i think 3 reboots, and only one while doing something.
  7. hager03

hager03 Well-Known Member

I had a lot of problems after the ics update. I found that formating my sd card solved all my problems.
  8. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

Wiping the SD clears the app cache that gets stored on the SD card and whatever else gets put on it.

If you look for those files you can clear them manually, although I am pretty sure you will notice in certain apps that some settings were changed and who knows what else. It is best done when flashing a new Rom and you are wiping anyway.
  9. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Well-Known Member

I got more reboots on GB than ICS. In fact I don't recall a single unscheduled reboot on my Spectrum since the ics update.
  10. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

Sadly, I may be forced to turn in my phone soon as well for a refurb. I'm starting to have graphics issues and I wouldn't be surprised if my phone is going bad. I'm going to re-flash ICS this weekend, but it's not looking good.
  11. dspl1236

Should have it tomorrow and was informed it would have ics on it. just hope its a good one this time... :rolleyes:
  12. MrDangerous

Flickering and shearing, and/or stuttering when sliding from screen to screen?

I've been getting that since the ICS ota.
  13. Neph81

Neph81 Well-Known Member

I ended up going into CWM and clearing my cache. It seems to have fixed it for the time being, but I'll be really glad to not have LG's ICS on here any more.
  14. finndo77

Same here, it gets worse the longer I use the Rom (stock or icy fusion). Wiping everything from CWM and reflasing a clean Rom install (not a nandroid) clears it up. Last week it got so bad I thought I was going to get sick (like motion sickness).

Also started having data issues, Gmail doesn't update the server with changes I make on my phone (Mark read/unread, deleted emails, moved emails to other folders, nothing done on my phone shows up on any other device. But my phone receives any changes I make from another device almost instantly).
  15. dspl1236

new phone on saturday. All your roms are quite splendid !!!
  16. IMUcarmen

Ive been getting lag and screen flicker and studder as well. Very annoying. A restart temporarily cures it but it seems a full rom flash is needed to fix it completely.
  17. reeseboy

reeseboy Well-Known Member

Maybe its your phones way of showing flash withdrawal :p
  18. IMUcarmen

I know thats a joke but actually i havent been flashing much. I've been running eclipse since nitro released it and only once did a flash another rom since then and that was 2.5 icy fusion. I havent run any other roms until yesterday when I flashed dark ics.
  19. MrDangerous

Well either we're all having a hardware problem or we're all using a rom that is based in part on the OTA and we're getting some kind of glitch.
  20. afbcamaro

afbcamaro Member

Intriguing I started getting screen tearring yesterday, it has never done this. It looks like when vsync is disabled. I forced gpu rendering and it has not done it since. I love weird mysteries .
    finndo77 likes this.
  21. finndo77

Going to give that a try when it starts up again. Back on the ICS OTA for a week now, from a nandroid, with root and unlocked bootloader. No issues so far, although the nandroid is from about 5 days before the tearing started. I've been using my phone a lot less lately.
  22. bones420la

bones420la Well-Known Member

you talking about random screen flickering? mines been doing that alot lately.. i would force gpu rendering. but i swear it feels like that uses the battery more with the spectrum
  23. IMUcarmen

my phone is all jacked up lately. Screen flickering and lag all the time. It comes and goes though. But it's definitely laggy most of the time. It's very annoying.
  24. finndo77

I started having screen tearing about 2 hours after I posted last time...

So, I have been using force gpu rendering now since my last post on this thread and have not experienced the screen tearing problem since.

I do think the battery is draining faster though. I've been out of town for 10 days now, so my device usage is significantly different than normal.