• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UNOFFICIAL][CAF][4.4.4] Slimkat (DT2W and CM12.1 Kernel)

whoshotjr2006

Android Enthusiast
Jul 31, 2012
Ohio
READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU CONTINUE ANY FURTHER!!!! DEV INFO IS IN 2ND POST.

NEWS:
First build. This has double tap to wake and uses bad_mofo's cm12.1 caf kernel which also brings us overclocked processor, fast charge, etc. Should be an all around smoother experience.

CHANGELOG:
061315: First build. double tap to wake, Bad_MOFO_33's cm12.1 caf kernel

DISCLAIMER:
i do not force you to flash these roms. what you do is on you. ill try to help you, but do not blame me for anything, especially if something goes wrong. you know the risk, and if you dont know or understand something, then dont flash this rom.

TAKE A GOOD BACKUP WITH TWRP BEFORE FLASHING!

RECOMMENDED RECOVERY:
TWRP link:
http://androidforums.com/threads/recovery-twrp-2-8-5-0-lollipop.902943/

Working:
Anything that is not listed below

half working:
Green tint on back camera on some volts
NFC needs some fixup, waiting for logcats
Bluetooth: After first boot, try to enable bluetooth and reboot. It will work fine from then on.
Youtube: Open settings in video, disable HQ video stream for now.
Camcorder: Use Camu or something like it from google play store

not working:
ir blaster
you tell me

NOTE: Get a gps lock in stock rom or whichever rom you had before with working gps before you flash this. This is a quirk with many qcom based phones, if you dont get a lock before you flash this your gps probably wont work.

To use double tap to wake: Use Kernel Adiutor or something similar from Play store to enable it. Since this is an aosp based rom there is no native toggle in settings.

Flash the rom, then the gapps package of your choice (kitkat gapps) and then flash either the Virgin or Boost apn fix below.

Thanks to Mopedryder for both:

Virgin APN Fix:
http://androidforums.com/threads/mo...apn-fix-wip-cm-aosp-4-4-x.840298/#post6516416

Boost APN Fix:
http://androidforums.com/threads/mod-universal-boost-apn-fix-for-d2lte-builds-mod.840501/

Rom Download Link:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347759638

Hi @whoshotjr2006 I've been using this ROM since Fri and its been working great so far. I was wondering if I need to do something to enable apps2sd? I checked out SD fix on the market and apps2sd and normally in apps settings there is the option to move to SD on stock ROM but it doesn't seem to be enabled on SlimKat. It's not a big deal at all because this ROM works so fast I freaking love it lol keep up the great work man!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-20-19-16-00.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-20-19-16-00.png
    99.5 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 0
Does this ROM get better battery life than the CAF][4.4.4] Cyanogenmod 11 Stable (DT2W and CM12.1?

And how do you change the DPI? I can't seem to find that setting. It runs great so far. I'm in the middle between this and cm11.
  1. backup build.prop with file manager
  2. open up build.prop with file manager
  3. search for density
  4. edit to your choice
  5. save
  6. reboot
Screenshot_2015-10-24-14-41-28.png

As you can see I have mine set at 200, extra display real estate (not really, but allows "more" on the screen)

Upvote 0
I switched to SlimKat from PacRom and find it faster to boot and some other nice things. Couple of things though.

1 I don't like the way it does switched in settings would rather have a slider that says OFF or ON not dark grey for OFF and light grey for ON, kinda confusing.

2. Does anyone have an easy way to boost volume. My SpeakerBoost apk doesn't work on SlimKat. I know theres Viper and some other mods. Which is the most simple to install and run? I dont have Xposed installed would prefer not to but will if I have to.

thanks

Upvote 0
I switched to SlimKat from PacRom and find it faster to boot and some other nice things. Couple of things though.

1 I don't like the way it does switched in settings would rather have a slider that says OFF or ON not dark grey for OFF and light grey for ON, kinda confusing.

2. Does anyone have an easy way to boost volume. My SpeakerBoost apk doesn't work on SlimKat. I know theres Viper and some other mods. Which is the most simple to install and run? I dont have Xposed installed would prefer not to but will if I have to.

thanks
Might want to use the remix version... They are fixes to what whoshotjr2006 started

Upvote 0
Ok got the speaker volume (only not headphones) on SlimKat remix to be much louder editing the mixer-paths.xml file in root/system/etc to following:

<path name="speaker-lite">
<ctl name="SLIM RX1 MUX" value="AIF1_PB" />
<ctl name="SLIM_0_RX Channels" value="One" />
<ctl name="RX3 MIX1 INP1" value="RX1" />
<ctl name="RX3 Digital Volume" value="63" /> changed this to "72" after trial and error, your pref may vary. save exit and reboot for it to take effect. Don't need to change anything else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones