• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Digital Clock Widget Customization?

Area Woman

Lurker
Jul 12, 2010
Hi,

Longtime reader, first-time poster here (and if I'm posting this in the wrong spot I'm really sorry!). I'm hoping you all can help me out with the Digital Clock Widget. I have searched and searched for the answer and I'm just not finding the information I'm looking for.

I know a lot of you use the clock widget (by the way, I love the Layout thread--it was so helpful to me in getting the phone set up. Thank you to everyone who posted and shared tips there). Anyway. I noticed some folks have the Digital Clock widget with the gray/black transparent bar behind it, and I want to know how you got it that way.

Mine is just the simple white text, which is nice, but I'd like to switch it up. When I long press, I just get the resize option from LauncherPro Plus. I've searched through settings/preference menus, but unless I'm missing it (totally possible), I just can't find any clock settings or options for it. Do I have to relaunch it? What exactly do I need to do to do that? Restart the phone/launcher? I've done both but neither did anything. (That's probably a ridiculously stupid question, but I'm new to all of this.)

Thank you for your help!

Bonus question: does anybody know of a simple weather widget (not clock/weather combo) that would fit in with the Digital Clock/BattStat look? WeatherBug is okay but a little too small for me and my terrible eyes.

Edit: I'm off to work, so if I don't respond for a while that's the reason.

Hi Woman :D

Just go into your app drawer and launch digital clock widget. All your settings for it are right there. Choose whatever background you want. You can also choose how it acts when you tap it.

I've seen some nice smaller weather widgets, but I'm unsure of what they are called. On the "layout" thread there is a bunch of info though. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Area Woman
Upvote 0
Hi Woman :D

Just go into your app drawer and launch digital clock widget. All your settings for it are right there. Choose whatever background you want. You can also choose how it acts when you tap it.

I've seen some nice smaller weather widgets, but I'm unsure of what they are called. On the "layout" thread there is a bunch of info though. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

D'oh! I knew it would be the simplest possible thing to do that would be the solution (so simple I figured no, that can't possibly be the answer). :rolleyes: :)

Thanks for helping me out and for the welcome!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones