• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lock screen Clock position change (Android 9)?

Sylvain88

Lurker
Jul 20, 2022
Hello,

I'm new, sorry if I should have post elsewhere. Please kindly guide me to the correct location. :)

I'm not an android developer, just a longtime hacker looking for some tips or hints.
I'm not much involve in smartphone I prefer laptop, so I miss a lot of Android background here.

My question is about how could I change the clock position on the lock screen?
I suppose there's some internal values editable elsewhere than from settings, right?

I don't have any custom settings on the smartphone an old Motorola Z2 Force which is still running Factory but upgraded Android 9.

My wish is just to move down the clock to some hundred of pixels to keep having a people picture in the background not having the clock in the face.

It's possible for sure, how?
I would appreciate some simple hint or trick for accomplishing that.

Thanks.
Regards,
Sylvain.

Hello,

I'm new, sorry if I should have post elsewhere. Please kindly guide me to the correct location. :)

I'm not an android developer, just a longtime hacker looking for some tips or hints.
I'm not much involve in smartphone I prefer laptop, so I miss a lot of Android background here.

My question is about how could I change the clock position on the lock screen?
I suppose there's some internal values editable elsewhere than from settings, right?

I don't have any custom settings on the smartphone an old Motorola Z2 Force which is still running Factory but upgraded Android 9.

My wish is just to move down the clock to some hundred of pixels to keep having a people picture in the background not having the clock in the face.

It's possible for sure, how?
I would appreciate some simple hint or trick for accomplishing that.

Thanks.
Regards,
Sylvain.
:) I had one up to like a few years ago, you can hit the clock and move it with the menu popping up, and you can select by moving around the icon to and shirnk it there. :)

Upvote 0
Hello,

:) I had one up to like a few years ago, you can hit the clock and move it with the menu popping up, and you can select by moving around the icon to and shirnk it there. :)

Thanks Milo I would love if it would have been so simple. In the lock screen, when you first wakeup the phone before unlocking, there's no such configuration feature on my actual default app. Which is quite correct because the phone is indeed locked. So you expect no more than a way to unlock it, or it wont be really locked, right? ;-)

I attached a screenshot I took :

Screenshot_20220721-063308.png

Of course, I can crop the background image differently. That's what I will do while I don't find the trick to configure the lockscreen.

Maybe a lockscreen, screensaver, or wallpaper app with a clock?

Thanks puppykickr, I suppose that if the default lockscreen is not configurable at this level, that would be the way to go, to install something in replacement. I'm quite surprised that such basic setting would not be just a position setting somewhere. But as I said, my hacking on android is quite limited for now.

Regards,
Sylvain.

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0
What options there are depends somewhat on your phone manufacturer. These days stock lockscreens include less customisation than was fashionable a decade ago, but even then I don't recall one that offered free placement of the clock. My current Samsung allows a few clock styles, one of which is shifted to the left, but that's about all. I think my previous Pixel had even less (Google aren't good for customisation).

I've got to admit though that I barely notice that the lockscreen exists these days: since I'll always wake and unlock the device in one operation using the fingerprint scanner the only time I see the lockscreen is when I periodically have to enter my PIN instead.

Upvote 0
Hello,

Thanks Milo I would love if it would have been so simple. In the lock screen, when you first wakeup the phone before unlocking, there's no such configuration feature on my actual default app. Which is quite correct because the phone is indeed locked. So you expect no more than a way to unlock it, or it wont be really locked, right? ;-)

I attached a screenshot I took :

View attachment 163356

Of course, I can crop the background image differently. That's what I will do while I don't find the trick to configure the lockscreen.

Thanks puppykickr, I suppose that if the default lockscreen is not configurable at this level, that would be the way to go, to install something in replacement. I'm quite surprised that such basic setting would not be just a position setting somewhere. But as I said, my hacking on android is quite limited for now.

Regards,
Sylvain.
Yeah you can try to change the clock settings by touching on it, it will go with along clock settings, but I am afraid that is by default and you cannot really customizated it, unless I believe if you have like a Samsung tablet, like my does, I can change the color and that is about it to it...

Upvote 0
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. So will explore some alternative app, if it could solve my wish. :thinking:

Hadron, I'm using my phone as a clock too, so I periodically just push power button to just watch the clock. As some point the phone was also waking up on noise and / or moment, but it stopped to do that. Because of front camera is now hidden by a rubber band. ;-)

Milo, it seems that stock screenlock configuration highly depend on manufacturer, so no clue here.

Thanks for your advice.
I will post back here, if I found a solution.

Regards,
Sylvain.

Upvote 0
Are you blocking the front camera for a reason?

If so, I know of an electonical fix for that, as an app that blocks unauthorized use of the camera(s).

https://cloudapks.com/app/com.introneapps.pandroidcamera/
(This app is on all of my devices, but doesn't work properly on my most recent. To see if it works right, set it up, turn it on (blocking), and then open the camera app. If all you get is a black screen with an error message or a frozen single frame, then it works!)

I also know of one that works for the microphone.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/cityfreqs.com.pilfershushjammer/

Also, check around for different launchers that allow you to move the clock widget around on the screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones