• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dinc's on back order are now able to purchase the Driod X instead

The Inc is better? I can't see where other than for people who want smaller screen size.

its a personal preference. i would take the incredible over the droid X, because when it comes down to Sense vs MotoBlur, i pick sense. and i slightly prefer the smaller screen. however if the Droid X was just stock android, my incredible would be on ebay right now.

Upvote 0
its a personal preference. i would take the incredible over the droid X, because when it comes down to Sense vs MotoBlur, i pick sense. and i slightly prefer the smaller screen. however if the Droid X was just stock android, my incredible would be on ebay right now.

Droid X has NO motoblur of ANY kind. It has already been confirmed numerous times, even by Android Central.

Upvote 0
time to start making my own freaking dock out of freaking legos. :mad:

I would pay money for a Lego dock...if you start mass producing them let me know :)

there was a thread around here describing how to make them, and a youtube vid as well i believe... also, nice nick. :)

Here are a couple of threads on the lego dock:
http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/75812-lego-dock.html
http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/23214-my-diy-lego-dock.html

Upvote 0
I spoke the CSR. What he told me was that they were waiving restocking fees for the incredible if you have not activated/opened/touched/etc the phone so you could return it for a droid x since both are probably same price (they don't know retail price yet i think)
This is confirmed correct. Just fyi =)

that'd be a good deal too, only thing is, i have a private sale coupon ($50) that expires on June 30th!!

GRRR I wonder if they could do something about that.

Did you already place your order for the DInc? If you did, it will transfer in the exchange. If you didnt, just complain and they will honor it.

Can anyone confirm this? Will they switch it over the phone? When can we make the change?
its confirmed yes, you cant get the phone till 7/15/2010 sir

time to start making my own freaking dock out of freaking legos. :mad:
There will be a dock available for this phone. Maybe not at launch, but there will be. HDMI desktop cradle, and navigation mount.

Reactions: gibbga
Upvote 0
I have had two Motorola phones RazR and Moto Q and I hated them both. My dinc is scheduled to ship 7/9. I won't consider trading it in for the X or any other phone. I will have waited almost a month for the phone by the time it arrives. I am going to enjoy it and not look back. Sounds like the X may be the better phone...who knows at this point? There will always be a better phone just around the corner. I am not going to waste my time with woulda, coulda, shoulda. I am going to need to focus my energy on figuring out how to work the dang thing!

Upvote 0
lol why is everyone jumping ship? Cowards and traitors.

I don't think anyone is "jumping ship". What would you do if you were in our situation? Our Dinc's haven't arrived, and wont arrive for a while. There are some serious issues that aren't being addressed with the phone, and it looks like it's being put on the back-burner.

I love the Inc, but HTC doesn't have the dang parts to make me one!

I'm just trying to help those out there in the same boat as me.

Upvote 0
I don't think anyone is "jumping ship". What would you do if you were in our situation? Our Dinc's haven't arrived, and wont arrive for a while. There are some serious issues that aren't being addressed with the phone, and it looks like it's being put on the back-burner.

I love the Inc, but HTC doesn't have the dang parts to make me one!

I'm just trying to help those out there in the same boat as me.
Whats a serious issue with the phone? What isnt being addressed? Theres 1 known issue in the system that is serious enough to be an issue. HTC isnt at fault here, its Samsung. Its not like you need this phone tommorow or you will die lol..patience is a virtue

Upvote 0
I got my Dinc a week or two ago and the power button stoped working. I called and got VZW tech support to order me a brand new one b4 my 30 day ran out. wont arrive till late July. will my 30 day still be active when my new dInc arrives? Since the back order and having to wait i dont see why not. was thinking about exchanging the new DInk i will receive for the X. but not sure yet....

Upvote 0
Whats a serious issue with the phone? What isnt being addressed? Theres 1 known issue in the system that is serious enough to be an issue. HTC isnt at fault here, its Samsung. Its not like you need this phone tommorow or you will die lol..patience is a virtue

Battery.
Power Button.
Freezing
Overheating
Faulty Speaker
HTC Branding Falling off
No support of accessories
Pink Screens

These are just things I've heard mentioned, I'm not saying they're widespread or anything.

Patience is a virtue, but so is consumer awareness ;)

If I had the Dinc in my hand, I wouldn't trade it for a X any day. But since I don't, I don't see why I shouldn't go ahead and try something new.

Upvote 0
I got my Dinc a week or two ago and the power button stoped working. I called and got VZW tech support to order me a brand new one b4 my 30 day ran out. wont arrive till late July. will my 30 day still be active when my new dInc arrives? Since the back order and having to wait i dont see why not. was thinking about exchanging the new DInk i will receive for the X. but not sure yet....

Did the power button die or just work sometimes??

Upvote 0
I haven't read the entire thread but I'll vouch for this. I called today because my wifes INC has been giving her problems with VQ and syncing and my 30 days are up in a few days so I wanted to get it taken care of. The CS rep I talked to after updating the phone said that I could take the phone to a VZ store if i'm still having the same problems in 24hrs and have them order me a new one or he said I could order the X since the X would be released faster than it would take for me to get a new INC.

Upvote 0
This is confirmed correct. Just fyi =)

Did you already place your order for the DInc? If you did, it will transfer in the exchange. If you didnt, just complain and they will honor it.

its confirmed yes, you cant get the phone till 7/15/2010 sir

There will be a dock available for this phone. Maybe not at launch, but there will be. HDMI desktop cradle, and navigation mount.

I just want to say your are doing a invaluable service for Verizon and saving them alot of phone calls. I know where I work in our call center we give associates "kudos" for customer's that compliment associates and you deserve one!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones