• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dirrk's D01 overclocking kernels with lagfix

Yep. I've got it in my dock too. I just wanna clarify, though. Even though it says the 19Mhz thingy on the sliders, is it still working right from boot? The phone seems to run perfectly smooth (although I still get a bit of delay when adding apps to homescreens. The first time it pulls up the list it's a few second delay. Shorter than when TW was still running, but odd on such a powerful phone, nonetheless) and battery life is fantastic. I mean, really fantastic.
I saw that 19.2Mhz thing myself once I started using set on boot I think. I dont remember now geez Ive had a lot of kernels on here. But yeah when in doubt just throw a quick bench at it

Upvote 0
I saw that 19.2Mhz thing myself once I started using set on boot I think. I dont remember now geez Ive had a lot of kernels on here. But yeah when in doubt just throw a quick bench at it

That's a grand idea, but I would want to bench it in performance mode, and if I select performance mode, I fear it actually locking in that stupid 19.2MHz number. Imagine a smartphone with 450x800 resolution running at 19.2 .... :eek:

Upvote 0
That's a grand idea, but I would want to bench it in performance mode, and if I select performance mode, I fear it actually locking in that stupid 19.2MHz number. Imagine a smartphone with 450x800 resolution running at 19.2 .... :eek:
I dont believe its possible for the cpu to operate at less than 100Mhz anyway, at a genuine 19.2 you would not even move

Upvote 0
I dont believe its possible for the cpu to operate at less than 100Mhz anyway, at a genuine 19.2 you would not even move

On a side note, SirSapsy, I suggest the D-Clock Widget as an alternative to the clock in Beautiful Widgets. When Beautiful Widgets' weather only widget was working properly, it was amazing. I had a fantastic but simple looking clock, and the awesome looking weather widget on my homescreen with its excellent accompanying weather app. I might have to go back to the all in one widget with Beautiful Widgets for now. I hate to lose out on that awesome looking D-Clock, but I just don't want two clocks on my homescreens, even if their different screens. I have this thing against redundancy on what takes up my desktop ... errrr .... phonetop space.

Reactions: saps
Upvote 0
On a side note, SirSapsy, I suggest the D-Clock Widget as an alternative to the clock in Beautiful Widgets. When Beautiful Widgets' weather only widget was working properly, it was amazing. I had a fantastic but simple looking clock, and the awesome looking weather widget on my homescreen with its excellent accompanying weather app. I might have to go back to the all in one widget with Beautiful Widgets for now. I hate to lose out on that awesome looking D-Clock, but I just don't want two clocks on my homescreens, even if their different screens. I have this thing against redundancy on what takes up my desktop ... errrr .... phonetop space.
Funny you should mention that as I just, I mean just added Fancy Widget to my SF. I know a lot of people love the Sense Clock look. It takes up too much of my screen though. Thats kinda why I like BW and their small widget. I will definitely give D-Clock a looksie

Upvote 0
Funny you should mention that as I just, I mean just added Fancy Widget to my SF. I know a lot of people love the Sense Clock look. It takes up too much of my screen though. Thats kinda why I like BW and their small widget. I will definitely give D-Clock a looksie

Yes. That's important when you're rolling with only 3 homescreens. I wouldn't like to have to search through five screens to find something. I really like only having three.

Upvote 0
Yes. That's important when you're rolling with only 3 homescreens. I wouldn't like to have to search through five screens to find something. I really like only having three.
I got 7 but Im questioning whether I need them. I mean with nearly 200 apps I think I like having half of them on screen without digging thru the app drawer but then again its cluttered. I might need to look back into the 5x6 layout

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones