• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Do any custom roms that work with safestrap allow overclocking cpu?

Androgamer91

Lurker
Dec 5, 2016
Hi,

I have a verizon samsung galaxy s3 running stock rom and android 4.4.2. I am only interested in overclocking this phone's cpu. I am rooted and I am no longer with verizon and i am now using a different sim. So no issues there. But in order to overclock, I would need a custom rom and/or kernel. And to flash a custom rom/kernel, I would need to unlock the bootloader on this phone, which is currently locked. I have read that trying to unlock the bootloader or downgrade the OS is a guaranteed brick on this phone. I have read that safestrap would work on this phone. However, i believe there are only a couple of roms (one of which is superliterom) that work with safestrap. My question is, does anybody know if any of the roms that work with safestrap would allow me to overclock the cpu?

Thank you

Hello and welcome to our AndroidForums, @Androgamer91.

It is indeed the kernel that would support overclocking vs. the custom ROM.

Your best bet would likely be to have a look around our SG S3 root area (I've no experience with the S3, so I can't be of much help with a specific kernel)...or just let me know and I can move this thread over there for you.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to our AndroidForums, @Androgamer91.

It is indeed the kernel that would support overclocking vs. the custom ROM.

Your best bet would likely be to have a look around our SG S3 root area (I've no experience with the S3, so I can't be of much help with a specific kernel)...or just let me know and I can move this thread over there for you.

Cheers!

Hi, and thank you for your response! Yes, I'd be grateful if you moved this thread for me!

Thanks again!

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones