• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy A03 Draw overlay not allowed

bristol406

Lurker
Mar 3, 2023
I have a Galaxy A03 core. I want to use Macrodroid to to launch an app when power is connected and kill the app when power is disconnected and also turn the screen on or off. Unfortunately, Macodroid requires draw overlay to do this and the A03 core does not allow it - it says it's not allowed because it will slow down the phone. Slowing down the phone would not be an issue for me as the phone is only going to ever run this one app ( Realdash ). I was wondering if there was a custom ROM that would allow me to turn on draw overlay so that I can use this phone for my project. The phone is currently rooted running a rooted Samsung stock android 11. Any advice would be appreciated.

first off this phone has android go os. its not a complete android os. and you find these on the more budget friendly phones. if you had gotten a phone that is not a go phone and has android 5 and up, then it should work.

second there is no development for this phone. so though you might be able to root it, there is no custom rom. custom roms are very device specific. you can't just flash a rom from a different device. this could have bad effects on your phone. it could even brick the phone......so i would not recommend this.

next time hop on XDA Forums and do some research on a device you wish to root, before you buy it. if there is no forum for the device, then there is no dev community supporting. just remember no dev=no fun.

this is the only thing i could find for your phone. it is a guide on how to root it. but you can't do much once the phone is rooted. there is no custom recovery(you will need one if you plan on rooting) and there are no custom roms.

Reactions: bunghole
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones