• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disable Android remotely

Arumalpra

Lurker
Oct 14, 2023
You may find this request highly unusual but it is real.
I want to disable Android phone remotely due to addiction by 10 year old.
The phone is registered with google under my email address.
Virus or developing of app or any suggestion highly appreciated.

Last edited:
Well obviously you are not going to get suggestions for malware - that would be a clear violation of the forum rules (and if there were any Android "viruses", i.e. self-propagating malware, that would be an exceptionally irresponsible thing to distribute as that would risk infecting other devices. Luckily while there is Android malware this is not of the type that is properly called a "virus").

A child is presumably not living on their own, so can the person or people looking after them do nothing? Bear in mind that if they disagree with you, feel there is a need for the child to have a phone, or if this action causes problems for them, they may simply provide the child with another phone which you have no access to, so this action may well be futile and possibly damaging to your relations with the child or their carers. There are parental control apps that can limit usage, and maybe discussing those with the person or people currently caring for the child will be a more effective approach.

Thanks for your reply and shedding light on many angles.
I am many thousands Km away from him, he doesn't have any social protection, or governments eye on him or anything. Just a prisoner of the legitimate owner.
I have to depend on rudimentary solution for this. None of good things worked in the past. Its like drawing man catches a straw like situation but it may help.
In regards to the parental control app, he vehemently rejected the idea a year ago, yes, I will give it a try again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A cell phone is an emergency tool! Your kid needs to be able to call you, another trusted adult, and emergency services. Now, if you think he's spending too much time playing video-games or something: That's what potential control software is for. But do not disable your kid's cell phone! Not unless you want a dead kid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones