• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disabling native MMS?

kisner

Jul 23, 2010
Hey all this is my first post here so just a heads up I haven't rooted my phone or anything I'm pretty tech savvy but completely noob when it comes to android.

That being said, I've installed handcent mms and curious, is there a way I can disable the native mms app on the phone? It's rather annoying having to delete two different sets of notices and messages.

Thanks!

Hey all this is my first post here so just a heads up I haven't rooted my phone or anything I'm pretty tech savvy but completely noob when it comes to android.

That being said, I've installed handcent mms and curious, is there a way I can disable the native mms app on the phone? It's rather annoying having to delete two different sets of notices and messages.

Thanks!
I'm assuming you mean SMS. And yes there is a way to get rid of the duplicate notifications. Go to Messaging > Settings > Notifications settings at the bottom and you should be able to figure it out from there.

Reactions: jhnstn00
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones