• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DISCONTINUED] MegaTron 6.2.5

Hey I put this ROM on my LG Marquee and activated it on the Sprint network today. Voice and text are working just fine but no data even though I have the settings turned on for that.

Looking under About Phone I see Mobile Network state - disconnected.

Am I supposed to update the profile under System updates or is there something else needed to get 3G data working?

Upvote 0
Hey I put this ROM on my LG Marquee and activated it on the Sprint network today. Voice and text are working just fine but no data even though I have the settings turned on for that.

Looking under About Phone I see Mobile Network state - disconnected.

Am I supposed to update the profile under System updates or is there something else needed to get 3G data working?

Roms based on sprint ROM so if your having sprint problems its either your area or phone, you can try the update phone to see if that works. The only network that should be capable of having problems is boost since once again, the Rom is based of sprint version.

Reactions: hisTALLness117
Upvote 0
Roms based on sprint ROM so if your having sprint problems its either your area or phone, you can try the update phone to see if that works. The only network that should be capable of having problems is boost since once again, the Rom is based of sprint version.

Interesting. I go to System Updates and click on Update Profile and it does nothing other than highlight my selection for a second. Is this supposed to be disabled?

Upvote 0
Interesting. I go to System Updates and click on Update Profile and it does nothing other than highlight my selection for a second. Is this supposed to be disabled?

yeah i probably did do that, umm Get your MSL code "Google is your best friend" and go to the dialer and type ##72786# and your phone will automatically reactivate your phone. if that doesnt work go back to stock rom and update your phone from there. Then see if you get 3g on stock ROM come back here and see if you get 3g on MegaTron.

Upvote 0
yeah i probably did do that, umm Get your MSL code "Google is your best friend" and go to the dialer and type ##72786# and your phone will automatically reactivate your phone. if that doesnt work go back to stock rom and update your phone from there. Then see if you get 3g on stock ROM come back here and see if you get 3g on MegaTron.

I tried the ##72786# reset and that did get the 3G data indicator back on and Mobile network state now shows Connected. Unfortunately I still don't seem to have any real data in my apps. :(

Upvote 0
idk try looking at your plan again or something?

FYI - I have 2 Marquee phones and I just reactivated the other one that has CTMod on it. Once it was activated it almost immediately asked me to confirm the Profile Update that it wanted to do. After the profile update was complete the data was working fine. Maybe that's required to get Sprint data working on activation?

Upvote 0
FYI - I have 2 Marquee phones and I just reactivated the other one that has CTMod on it. Once it was activated it almost immediately asked me to confirm the Profile Update that it wanted to do. After the profile update was complete the data was working fine. Maybe that's required to get Sprint data working on activation?

I was having the same thing going on on my Sprint Marquee. When I first installed this ROM (I'm a few versions behind, 6.2.3 maybe?) I could receive MMS just fine. Somewhere along the way pictures stopped getting through, maybe after doing a PRL update, but I'm not certain. Anyway, after trying a few fixes and calling Sprint support, it still wasn't working.

Finally, I was able to use the aLogcat method to get my MSL (Terminal Emulator wouldn't work for me), then saw my MMSC was set to a Boost url. So I changed the MMSC to a Sprint url and now I can get MMS again!

Unfortunately, I can't add links or pictures since this is my first post on these forums. You'll need to do some googling to get the aLogcat MSL method and Sprint MMSC. It shouldn't be hard to find.

Btw, I wanted to say thanks for keeping Megatron going. You've extended the life of my Marquee by a long shot!

Upvote 0
I was having the same thing going on on my Sprint Marquee. When I first installed this ROM (I'm a few versions behind, 6.2.3 maybe?) I could receive MMS just fine. Somewhere along the way pictures stopped getting through, maybe after doing a PRL update, but I'm not certain. Anyway, after trying a few fixes and calling Sprint support, it still wasn't working.

Finally, I was able to use the aLogcat method to get my MSL (Terminal Emulator wouldn't work for me), then saw my MMSC was set to a Boost url. So I changed the MMSC to a Sprint url and now I can get MMS again!

Unfortunately, I can't add links or pictures since this is my first post on these forums. You'll need to do some googling to get the aLogcat MSL method and Sprint MMSC. It shouldn't be hard to find.

Btw, I wanted to say thanks for keeping Megatron going. You've extended the life of my Marquee by a long shot!

So was your problem only with MMS? My problem is that the phone gets no data at all (browsers, email, etc all fail to connect).

Upvote 0
I love the rom and love everything about it but most my applications will not work especially gallery and such. All they do is continuously flash a black screen that gets really annoying. Other than that it works great. Bit sadly can't use due to the fact that apps mess up

Did you wipe all data before installing the ROM? How did you restore your app data btw, if you did. Cwm restore or a third party app like titanium backup?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones