• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DISCONTINUED] SimplicityXL {Updated 5/17/14}

Oh, I mean notifications, like how the iPhone has notifications on the lockscreen, that you can view on your lockscreen, like how Facebook Home was, too.

And oh, I see... So we will have built in flash notifications (without a third party app) you think, or no such luck at this current time?

Edit:

Is that the definite date, that tomorrow you will be releasing it? :D

No it will not appear like that. And no not led flash the actual notification led light.

And no comment

Upvote 0
Disclaimer: YOUR WARRANTY IS NOW VOID I am NOT responsible for any Physical or Software damage you cause to your device. If you are not familiar with anything below, I'd suggest that you do some research elsewhere to better understand before you attempt anything on your device.

Please read everything in the thread, if you ask me something that is already in the thread i will simply ignore you. You can flash this rom with cwm or init recovery. DO NOT install this on ZV4, it is not made for ZV4 therefore if you decide to ignore my warning and still install it on ZV4 and you end up screwing up your phone, oh well you were warned:p

Ok here we go, all links are live and are available for download now.

Upvote 0
im rooted, have CWM recovery, flashed with Freedom Kernel Lite, all confirmed.

I smiled :) and made my Nandroid Backup as soon as I got outta work and seen Simplicity XL v1.0.0 available.

Put the files on my external sd card, then powered down & pulled the battery.
Powered up into CWM and cleared cache and delvik.
Selected "Install Zip" and chose F7SimplicityXL1.0.0.zip
All seemed to go well as I got "Installation Complete" and "install from sdcard complete"
Then I selected "Reboot System Now"

Noting the warning "Reboot may take up to 5 minutes" I waited...
30 minutes plus and it remains on the LG loading screen.

I re-downloaded and repeated with the same result 2 more times.

any idea what I may be missing?

Oh yeah, i updated to ZV5 before all this, lol!

Upvote 0
im rooted, have CWM recovery, flashed with Freedom Kernel Lite, all confirmed.

I smiled :) and made my Nandroid Backup as soon as I got outta work and seen Simplicity XL v1.0.0 available.

Put the files on my external sd card, then powered down & pulled the battery.
Powered up into CWM and cleared cache and delvik.
Selected "Install Zip" and chose F7SimplicityXL1.0.0.zip
All seemed to go well as I got "Installation Complete" and "install from sdcard complete"
Then I selected "Reboot System Now"

Noting the warning "Reboot may take up to 5 minutes" I waited...
30 minutes plus and it remains on the LG loading screen.

I re-downloaded and repeated with the same result 2 more times.

any idea what I may be missing?

Oh yeah, i updated to ZV5 before all this, lol!

Wipe data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones