• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Display pictures for contacts fuzzy

Maliciouz

Lurker
Aug 12, 2013
Hello, first post here!

I found few threads related but none had clear answers so I make a new one and ask you guys....

How can I fix my display pictures for contacts?

Currently they are all fuzzy and low-res. If I go into edit chose Image I only get access to pictures in gallery on phone, whereas my contact pictures are on facebook.

I'll forget about this if the only way is to MANUALLY DOWNLOAD EVERY single photo of your contacts into your phone's gallery and then set each and one of them MANUALLY.

PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS ANOTHER WAY! :)

Hello, first post here!

I found few threads related but none had clear answers so I make a new one and ask you guys....

How can I fix my display pictures for contacts?

Currently they are all fuzzy and low-res. If I go into edit chose Image I only get access to pictures in gallery on phone, whereas my contact pictures are on facebook.

I'll forget about this if the only way is to MANUALLY DOWNLOAD EVERY single photo of your contacts into your phone's gallery and then set each and one of them MANUALLY.

PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS ANOTHER WAY! :)

Hello and welcome to Android Forums, Maliciouz.

There are many alternatives to downloading and manipulating your prospective contact pics, but that's the preferred method used by many. I like to first put them in a photoshop-like app on my PC called "Gimp," which helps me add effects or fool around with the quality a bit prior to either side loading or uploading to my Android devices.

You said, "I'll forget about this if the only way is to MANUALLY DOWNLOAD EVERY single photo of your contacts into your phone's gallery and then set each and one of them MANUALLY."

Does that mean that you want one pic for all of your contacts? I doubt it. ;) I think you want to be able to have high quality pics for each of your contacts. I prefer the method mentioned above, but there are several, including all of the great contact pic and pic manipulating apps in the Google Play Store, such as https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=heinrisch.contact.picture.sync&hl=en. :)

Others will chime in with their favorite methods. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones