• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Do i need a new phone or is it unbrickable with tot file

richnrich

Mar 11, 2012
LG Optimus M LGMS690 - bricked

Hello everyone i am new to this not only rooting/flashing but also having a touchscreen phone anyway i i bricked my phone really bad while flashing.
Phone will only turn on when pugged in without battery but will stay on the s/w upgrade screen without doing anything like using the vol,camera,power button
,with the battery it will flash the lg screen for like a millisecond the go black.

I have tried using the LGNPST but i get (The number of bad block exceeded limit! Please replace flash)from reading for hours i guess i need the TOT file
my question is does anyone have the LG Optimus M LGMS690 TOT file or know where to get it?
thank you

i had the phone running CyanogenMod 7.1 without any problems for a week without transfering my account to the phone or i mean viseversa i did not have any connection to the web the one night a dunkin donuts i ran into free wifi and ended up playing with the phone i honestly forgot what exactly i did to mess it ip but it had to do with upgrading ROM Manager and ended up in emergency on reboot it siad something about fastboot from this very point i left the phone on all night then next morning i got what i wrote earlier
whats really wierd though is that running lg update software is unable to communicate with the phone
but yes i have tried redownloading everything again but no go ,thanks for the reply though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones