Do i need a new phone or is it unbrickable with tot file

Last Updated: 2012-03-27 00:53:09
  1. richnrich

richnrich Member

LG Optimus M LGMS690 - bricked

Hello everyone i am new to this not only rooting/flashing but also having a touchscreen phone anyway i i bricked my phone really bad while flashing.
    Phone will only turn on when pugged in without battery but will stay on the s/w upgrade screen without doing anything like using the vol,camera,power button
    ,with the battery it will flash the lg screen for like a millisecond the go black.

I have tried using the LGNPST but i get (The number of bad block exceeded limit! Please replace flash)from reading for hours i guess i need the TOT file
    my question is does anyone have the LG Optimus M LGMS690 TOT file or know where to get it?
    thank you

Advertisement
  2. richnrich

richnrich Member

not one?
  3. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

did you double read the guide??
    did you double read how to install LGNPST and follow every single step?
    How exactly did you brick?
    richnrich likes this.
  4. puyow18

puyow18 Well-Known Member

maybe your files didn't download properly? try downloading them again (.bin, .scr, etc) and see if that helps.
  5. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

very true :cool:
  6. richnrich

richnrich Member

i had the phone running CyanogenMod 7.1 without any problems for a week without transfering my account to the phone or i mean viseversa i did not have any connection to the web the one night a dunkin donuts i ran into free wifi and ended up playing with the phone i honestly forgot what exactly i did to mess it ip but it had to do with upgrading ROM Manager and ended up in emergency on reboot it siad something about fastboot from this very point i left the phone on all night then next morning i got what i wrote earlier
    whats really wierd though is that running lg update software is unable to communicate with the phone
    but yes i have tried redownloading everything again but no go ,thanks for the reply though
  7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

so are you in fastboot mode or software upgrade mode?? they have different processes...
  8. richnrich

richnrich Member

software upgrade mode but the only way to get here is to connect the phone using the usb cable without the battery
  9. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

thats how your supposed to get there, while its in that mode, don't touch it, follow the guide in my signature on how to unbrick, u will also have to do the MEID fix part in my signature

PM me if you need help on following it
  10. richnrich

richnrich Member

how would i find it using your signature? im new to forums in general as well
  11. richnrich

richnrich Member

ah yes well this is where i use LGNPST but i get (The number of bad block exceeded limit! Please replace flash ,and its at only 1%
  12. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

did u register the .dll file?
  13. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

hold on, I'm helping so many people, can you IM me on gmail??
  14. richnrich

richnrich Member

thats ok take ur time i dont have gmail but i do have yahoo or live.com
  15. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

errr I would have to open a 3rd tab, I already have facebook and gmail open, how do u use android without gmail anyways?
  16. richnrich

richnrich Member

i just got the phone no more than 2 weeks ago ,my brother gave it me so i i havent switch out the phonjes im still using my old moto ve440,
    but ill open a gmail
  17. richnrich

richnrich Member

another thing is the phone will not go anywhere with battery inserted it will only flash the lg for a millisecond the go black