• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Do Moto G work with nano SIM and adapter?

MrMister

Nov 15, 2010
I'm getting a Moto E and just downloaded the manual and it states that it can't. Be used with a nano SIM and adapter, the same as the Moto G is specified in its manual.

So I have a problem...the Moto E is a backup/holiday/going out phone, my day to day phone is a (sorry!?!) iPhone 5 which has a nano SIM.

I was just presuming that I could use a nano adapter and use it in the Moto E. Is there a reason Motorola say specifically an adapter can't be used? I can't get a micro SIM as need it for my iPhone.

So do any Moto G users use a nano SIM and adapter and works fine?

Thanks

I guess it may work but one do it at their own risk.

That's my dilemma. It's sitting here unopened now, but I can't have a micro SIM as need a nano for my iPhone.

I really never expected that an adapter wouldn't work, can't think of any other manufacturer who specifically puts in the manual to not use an adapter and that's why I'm worried about it.

mmmm what to do?

Upvote 0
Something else to check. O don't know the answer for your phone.

When I got my Droid Maxx it was the first nano SIM for Android by my dealer. He tried using an iPhone 4 nano SIM and it did not work. It was later determined that since my phone used NFC it could not use an iPhone 4 nano SIM.

This would be one more thing for you to check out. Is it compatablie with an iPhone 5 nano SIM?

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones