• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do They Still Make T H E S E?

Hate to say it, but I bought a Bread Making machine. I just toss the ingredients in and let the machine do its thing. It even adds the walnuts! My mother made the same bread and had a messy kitchen.

She baked, and I remember her damn parakeet landing on a cake or something right out of the oven. We had feathers all over since the bird was nosy. Rode on my mother's wrist and flapped its wings whenever she was baking.

I can just imagine baking yeast bread with 1 nosy Snowshoe cat. All bowls belong Johnson. If there's anything in there, she has to check it out. She would pull the cloth off.

She can't get into the bread machine!

Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0
Hate to say it, but I bought a Bread Making machine. I just toss the ingredients in and let the machine do its thing. It even adds the walnuts! My mother made the same bread and had a messy kitchen.

She baked, and I remember her damn parakeet landing on a cake or something right out of the oven. We had feathers all over since the bird was nosy. Rode on my mother's wrist and flapped its wings whenever she was baking.

I can just imagine baking yeast bread with 1 nosy Snowshoe cat. All bowls belong Johnson. If there's anything in there, she has to check it out. She would pull the cloth off.

She can't get into the bread machine!

Ahhh! Comparing "then and now" bread machines were the best thing ever, entering the scene to replace a "traditional" process. I remember how much I LOVED sourdough bread and banana bread (goes without saying, right?) . I remember the "trouble" my mom went through prearing the yeast, dough, letting it set, etc.............then the cleanup

You painted a perfect picture! I bet the breadmachine would have been ole Snowshoe and the parrot's worsg enemy. :)

Upvote 0
zuben-el-genub-albums-whatever-picture7126-cornbread.html

zuben-el-genub-albums-whatever-picture7126-cornbread.jpg

Cornbread. The Vulcan hasn't got into it yet.

Upvote 0
Ok, who all gonna have Chitlins for Thanksgiving?

That cornbread would go great with it!

Now Saptek's taking it back to "OLD SCHOOL", well ok....lets see now.
picsay-1353072600.jpg

(....smell that aroma riiiiiizing from de pot!....)
  • The Zoob's Vulcan got the cornbread and desert bread covered
  • SapTek's got the Down-Home Chitt-er-lings!
  • I will brang my mammas famous collards
  • Sharondippity's taking care of the "WINGLESS" but oh so tasty turkey!

Who else will be bringing what? I am gittn hungry

Upvote 0
(I use Ancient Art of Trolling Technique!)

No bruizer...

:troll-face:

The real question is do they still make THESE:

igneous.jpg

Gotta love em rocks bruizer!! :)

L A D I E S & G E N T S!.....MY TWIN BREAUX "STINKY STINKY!"...and the question is: "do they still make'em like Stinky Stinky! Answwr is N O! Our Stinkster is ONE OF A KIND!

hey man! You KNOW u made me spittal my soop when I clicked that hide button....i was expecting cupcakes or

something! R O F L !

Hey STINK! you going to Sbarondippity's Thnxgvg Dinner? Be aware there will be NO wings!

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
L A D I E S & G E N T S!.....MY TWIN BREAUX "STINKY STINKY!"...and the question is: "do they still make'em like Stinky Stinky! Answwr is N O! Our Stinkster is ONE OF A KIND!

hey man! You KNOW u made me spittal my soop when I clicked that hide button....i was expecting cupcakes or something! R O F L !

Hmm :)

I disagree!

Aren't we all one of kind though my awesome amigo Rico!? :)

I have a good question to ask though.

Do they still make awesome songs like these today? ;)

Enigma - Return To Innocence - YouTube

I am on a roll!

I am on a roll!

xD

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
No pink slime?

I'm glad they got rid of ash. Had a cat that had kidney/bladder problems with ash. Wouldn't touch Prescription Diet or the home made equivalent. Took me longer to read through the cat food labels that it did for the kid's food. At the time - Kal Kan was the lowest.

Zeubster. :D. I sure hope they dont add catfood in M Y box of twinkies...

Upvote 0
No pink slime?

I'm glad they got rid of ash. Had a cat that had kidney/bladder problems with ash. Wouldn't touch Prescription Diet or the home made equivalent. Took me longer to read through the cat food labels that it did for the kid's food. At the time - Kal Kan was the lowest.

Do they still make KalKan? I forgot all about that one! When did it stop being sold? You pulled some memory strings i forgot i had.

Remember that yellow boclx of Milk Bones for dogs? When i was 3 or 4, i remember my two older bros and me sneaking into them one day thinking they were cookies....we saw how our dog tore into them so we thought,hey, gotta be good.........nasty experience in life....earrrrly

Upvote 0
Musterole was mustard in petroleum jelly. You used it for sprains, colds, whatever. It burned like hell and you were not supposed to cover it. You can still make mustard plasters - capsaizin comes from peppers.

Old cold remedy - hot steam vaporizer aka "croup kettle," some liquid stuff like Vicks, Mentholatum for your nose, and Musterole elsewhere. You got better to get away from the cure.

Never heard of Pep Chew.

War Weapons. In a way. Ask a old vet about mustard gas. Very bad stuff. that said, dad use to put drops of mustard oil on theater seats. Talk about a slow burn.

Upvote 0
It is very bad stuff.

I do like homemade hot mustard, however. That crap in the little packs from the Chinese take away is rubbish.

does anyone actually squeeze that yellow stuff from the packets you mentioned on their food and eat it?

I NEVER , ive always thrown it away.

Counting down the days to TWINKIE TIME

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones