• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Do U know how to update from 4.0 to 4.1.2 on C811?

CasioGZ

Lurker
Jul 29, 2015
I have a Casio Commando GzOne c811 that formerly took an Android system update from 4.0.1 to 4.1.2 when on Verizon's network, but I had to do a factory reset before moving to another carrier.

Now when I try to do a system update, it says it is updated, but it's still just the heart-bleed vulnerable 4.0 android.

The carrier said to call the manufacturer, which I did. Casio said they don't make phones at all now, and Casio said to go forum website to find the answer. I've searched everywhere and I don't see anything specific to the C811,maybe something about rooting, but that's scary.

Anyone know how do you upgrade a Casio c811 Gz'one from 4.0 to the 4.1.2 via a corporate website instead of just from 'the wild west' websites?
or is it no longer possible, or maybe possible, but I'd have to find a very safe source...so far I see stuff about installing a root kit on a c711, but i always thought if you had a 'root kit' on your device of any kind, it mean you've gotten hacked/owned?

The idea of rooting the phone is tempting, but scary as because if it bricks i'm totally screwed/have no money for another phone, so safest options appreciated...or honest answers to how risky all choices are?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones