• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Do you need an Intel processor to use the AVD emulator?

DEATHmagic

Lurker
Jun 15, 2015
I am trying to get Android Studio to properly work on my PC but I am running into issues with the emulator. I can't get it to recognize the Samsung Galaxy S5 skin, but more importantly, I can't even get the emulator to run. I am at work right now (working really hard obviously ;)) so I can't post the error message that it gives me but I can say that I have installed the Intel VRM (i think it's called?) and I have also enabled VM in my BIOS as well as shut off the Hyoer-V software in my Windows Programs and Features and then I re-enabled it just to see if that helped as well.

Now I'm down to just wondering if I have an incompatible processor for Android Development. I have an AMD and I'm trying to get all this Intel stuff to work which seems kinda weird. Any tips or experience with this? thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones