• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do You Use Half The Things The EVO Utlizes At This Point?

Do you ultilize all the EVO's prorgams/functions all the time?

• Yes - This thing is my swiss army knife

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No - thought I would but things are just sitting there

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other - (at times, on the fence, to many features to use, etc.)

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

LisaFitz

Apr 11, 2010
NY
Question is now that we have had some time to tinker with the EVO and play with various apps, native EVO programs etc .. Do you even use them at this point?

I find myself questioning the things the phone comes with and the many apps i download because i just don't find myself using them as frequently as i thought i would .. def not complaining thats for sure just wondering about all the things i thought i would do with this phone -

Yes things like the camera and camcorder will always be needed at times, but things like goggles, layers, qik, etc. although apps, are useless to me, as is any sprint program or friendstream, footprint or other non-needed thing that takes up space...

Things like fring (use for texting, and occasional video call) makes good use of the front camera, swype which is absolutely worth it in every way, and the search function (mag glass soft button) are things i can't live without - Guess thats just me having my old Pre tendencies and using the new tech as much as possible (certain things anyway)...

Just funny how my app list is filled with things that i never use - yet alone will never need more memory for - 8gb is alot! I haven't even put my music into the phone yet - and I tried things like IPcam last night and if it wasn't so complicated that would have been really cool to keep tabs on my dog from home!

I use multimedia stuff a lot, games quite a bit, internet, facebook, pictures, camcorder, music, stream music, twitter, and the occasional gimmicky skype call, market, maps, navigation, sprint tv, quickoffice to some extent, trapster, the phone is my calendar and notepad, and even the remote for my computer/entertainment center via gmote. So I would say I'm doing pretty good at using a lot of the features quite a bit.

Am I using $10 worth of premium data? Probably not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones