• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Documents To Go, losing files?

Hi folks,
I'm using DataViz's Documents To Go for work while I'm out on the road, nice app BUT when I download files from work (sales reports, Word, PDF's) They appear only for a short period of time meaning the file says it downloaded to the SD card, then I open D2G after reading my files and go back to them D2G says it isn't there anymore.
Thanks

Hi folks,
I'm using DataViz's Documents To Go for work while I'm out on the road, nice app BUT when I download files from work (sales reports, Word, PDF's) They appear only for a short period of time meaning the file says it downloaded to the SD card, then I open D2G after reading my files and go back to them D2G says it isn't there anymore.
Thanks

I'm not sure what could be happening, I'm running the version 2.003, I believe that is the latest one, and when I download something, say a Word document, it downloads into the download file on my SD card. I can then open it with D2G, view it, edit it, be sure to save it. Then I exit, I even restarted my phone, then open up D2G again and select Word to go, and it is in the recently used section. However, if I open it and look it over, edit stuff, then force close the app, then I get a popup saying - "The previously opened document was not properly closed. Would you like to attempt to recover any changes?" I say yes and its back again.

Are you using the paid version? That could have something to do with it. But either way I would just suggest to save any document every time you exit. So hit menu, go to file and select save. Hopefully that will take care of any problems you are having. Good Luck!

Upvote 0
Hi folks,
Thanks

Use a file manager to check if the files are present in a folder called download on your sd card.

Upvote 0
I check the SD card as soon as it downloads and the files are there ( I doubled checked by mounting my phone to my computer) . It is the full version of D2G. I took your advise Jfritz2 and saved the file after opening them. That works perfectly. For some reason D2G doesn't cache or store a previously open file for too long. It stays in the "resents" list then D2G says "file not found" after a day or two. When I check the SD card for the file it's there.
So saving your files after you open them seems to be the only way to retrieve them after a period of time.
Thanks for the help folks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones