• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does a list of APK's that can be disabled exist for the Rezound?

I'm coming from the Tbolt and for that phone there was a list I found of the APKs that could be renamed as BAK files to disable them. Crap like the "Stocks" app and the golf game... GONE! If such a list exists that would be awesome, as I just rooted last night and want to tidy things up.

I remember from when I rooted my Tbolt that taking off Backup Assistant was a no-no. That's probably the case here as well, but there is another file that I'm wondering about:

ba-syncservice-app-signed.apk

If that little bugger can be renamed safely, that may be the solution to the mega-sneaky Backup Assistant Plus "feature" that is automatically enabled. I just got the phone so I'd prefer not to brick it in less that 48hrs, so.... anyone have any experience with that particular APK? Also the "big list" would be nice too, if one exists. TIA

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones