• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does Moto G dual SIM have MHL out?

Allcast is working great.... but....

I now want a solution for when I'm in a hotel room, on holiday etc.

Add I don't think the Moto G 2G supports HDMI out what can I do? Can I buy an Amazon fire stick, or chromecast? Do these allow video out from the phone streamed to the TV?

Thanh's

Upvote 0
Ah ok, I want direct from my phone to the dongle, not using a WiFi, just direct, is this not possible?
It might be possible with a Fire TV Stick. Not possible with Chromecast.

Fire TV Stick uses the Miracast protocol for screen casting - and that's wifi direct.

However, Miracast is kind of a loose specification - so some users report perfection when screen casting, others report that it doesn't work and is garbage.

If anything is going to work wifi direct for you, it'll be the Fire TV Stick.

Upvote 0
Thanks, so chromecast out.. Anyone got a fire stick can help me out with info?
I've got both a Chromecast and a Fire TV Stick.

The message I tried to give is that it may or may not work with your phone.

You either want to talk to someone with a Fire TV Stick *AND* your phone (and you're in the forum for that, but please be sure before believing anyone ok), or you're going to need to consider getting the Fire TV Stick, trying it, and returning for a refund if it won't work out.

To test - get your phone and Fire TV Stick setup, see if screen casting works - you will probably have to add a Miracast app to your phone.

If it works, verify wifi direct - turn off wifi router, reboot phone and Fire TV Stick, see if it still screen casts.

Upvote 0
Could you test please, with you already having a fire stick please?

I know you may not have the same phone, but I'm sure if one works with an app another may?

What I hope is no router for WiFi, start video on an app, play using Allcast, and it "sees" the fire stick to play via that.

Would appreciate your help if can.

If I can't, what option do I have for video out to a TV on my moto g 2G.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones