Does silicon case heat up phone?

Last Updated:

1. madmonk

madmonk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If it does that might explain why battery has dramatically improved since i stopped using case 3 weeks ago.

Its either that or I finished Angry Birds. ;)

Just thought I'd throw the proverbial cat amongst the pigeons.

seriously - battery life much improved. Coincidence?

Advertisement
  2. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

3. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

Unless you've inadvertently discovered silicon cold fusion, nope. Might trap a bit of heat in, though. ;)

4. madmonk

madmonk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, that's what I meant! I didn't for one minute mean that I thought the case itself generated heat.

hmmm.

5. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

Put the case back on and see if battery performance returns to how it was before.....

6. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

Don't worry, my sense of humour can take some getting used to. :p On a more serious note, I'd say it's probably a coincidence as well, but Eris has hit the nail on the head. Stick the case back on for a little while and see if you notice a difference. Out of interest, why did you stop using it?

P.S - Truncated Eris Ed's name up there to avoid a catastrophically bad rhyme.

7. JayJayW

JayJayW Well-Known Member

When gaming on my phone the other day and my phone got warm I was slightly concerned that the case wasn't allowing the heat to dissipate as it should and overheat my phone, but everything seemed fine and I haven't heard of silicon cases causing any overheating issues so I stopped worrying.

8. Meh

Meh Well-Known Member

Though it's TPU not silicon, HTC sell an official skin/cover that cover the entire back, sides, top, and bottom, leaving just the front open (well the power button has an opening (but the button remains nicely recessed) as does the headphone socket). Now I'm not sure about the heat trapping properties of TPU vs silicon but I'm sure neither would be an issue. But anyway, what I'm saying is I'm sure if it was an issue HTC wouldn't sell the covers themselves.