Does the Inc sleep during a "voice call"?Support

Last Updated:

1. emmalina

emmalina Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

sorry, if this is a stupid question...and no my phone doesn't have "sleep issues"...and this is not a battery question...

with that being said...I am wondering...

I just checked my battery and my awake time is 1:00 hr while my voice calls under battery usage show 1h 41 min...

I am just asking to better understand the Android OS....the time for my voice calls seems to be on par but how does it show that the phone was only awake for 1 hr?Should the awake time not be the same or greater depends on what I did while the phone is not "sleeping"?

I am just a little confused by this...could someone pls explain? Thank you!!:D

Advertisement
  2. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

Good question, I'm waiting for this answer too...I don't even know where to look for that info at, haha, or if I do it has slipped my mind.

Update, yeah it had slipped my mind, I found it...

3. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I'll take a guess here...since 3G and a phone call can not go on at the same time I would think that during a phone conversation your cpu can clock down and go into some kind of sleep state. Just a guess I'm sure you'll get a better answer soon. So many of us would rather text these days maybe we should start talking on our phones more to induce sleep!

4. emmalina

emmalina Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

haha thats funny....thanks for your response....I know the black turns black during the call as well...so thats why I thought that!
    Well, I like to text too but I have to be honest, I rather make a phone call or two sometime...because often it takes forever to bring your point across via SMS...phone call is faster:D

5. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Right on I agree in some cases.....although with Swype and having used it now for about 3 months I can almost swype as fast as I can talk :eek: and I'm an ole fart :D