• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root does TUN.KO module present in IdeaTab A1000 for VPN Apps?

Lenovo A1000 Tablet
I've searched a lot and came to know about a latest VPN app
called - BlueVPN+ that can be used for Bluetooth teathering to access any 2G/3G internet shared by any smartphone (with a Bluetooth and Bluetooth DUN only) without wi-fi capability.
But this App requires a kernel module called - "TUN.KO" compiled and created on IdeaTab A1000, If we are getting this
valid module-file, we can also easily attach most USB 3G Modem
stick with the tab to achieve faster Net browsing..!!!
So, Pls, try to search in this direction soon.
------------About My Tablet-------------
Android Ver :- 4.1.2
Model :- IdeaTab 1000-G
Kernel :- 3.4.0
Build Number :- A1000G_A412_01_10_131008_2G
H/W Number :- A3000_MB_PCB_V3.0

Thanks a lot for sparing the time after reading this post.

Hi Amitsinghvasani, and welcome to Android Forums :D

I've moved your post to the root-related subforum for the Lenovo Ideatab A1000 where you can connect with fellow users of the device. :thumbup:

Generally, the tun.ko module will be compiled as a part of a community-built kernel. Unfortunately, I'm not able to find such a kernel for your device - and it is quite device specific. You may be able to load the module via the TUN.ko Installer app on Google Play.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones